- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Especially for growing Kalanchoes:
Henke-Kunststoffe added new pots to their topfit range
The 10.5cm and 12cm AHT pot
The new AHT pot.
The new 10.5cm and 12cm AHT pots are especially designed for a Dutch Kalanchoe grower and is now enclosed in the assortment of Henke-Kunststoffe. "Together with Royal Brinkman and Ronald van Dijk, our Sales Manager for the Benelux area, we developed these pots for Slijkerman Kalanchoe", says Baumann. After a period of designing, drawing, discussing and 3D prototyping, they came to the model the AHT. This offers the Kalanchoe a pleasant environment for their roots. "As Kalanchoes needs more air at the roots , we inserted extra holes in the center of the pot." Next to the cultivation of the Kalanchoe, the pot can also be used for other plants with similar features. "At the moment, we see an increasing demand for these products", says Ulrich Baumann.
The 10.5 AHT is added to the existing topfit range. This range of Henke-Kunststoffe consists of round pots and plantcontainers, hanging baskets, hanging basket accessories and transportation kids. "All pots are exclusively produced with recycled plastic materials and are suitable for automation. The necessary stability and desired shape is given by the addition of technical drawings and special additives." explains Ulrich Baumann
Ronald van Dijk at the IPM Essen 2015.
All pots are available in the standard colors terracotta and black and can be produced in special colors on request. Furthermore, the products can be printed with company logos, product- and plantinformation, customized designs and barcodes in all standard diameters.
Click here to view the catalogue of the topfit range.
"If there is not a pot in the range that meets the growers needs, we are able to develop one, just as in Slijkerman Kalanchoe's case." In order to produce the requested pots Henke-Kunststoffe will develop and obtain new equipment for their machines.
The topfit range is one of the three areas on which Henke-Kunststoffe is specialized, namely: food packaging, plastic protective elements, technical parts and gardening products (topfit). It all started in 1924, when Franz Henke established the company. At that time, the company produced natural corks and corks for beverage cups and pharmaceutical industries. During the years, the business expanded and Henke-Kunststoffe started to develop and produce the topfit range in 1960. In 2013 they invested 10 million euro to enlarge their entire production with production with 26 new injection moulding machines, thereof 2 million was invested in machines to build up this topfit area.
Their main market is Germany and the Netherlands, but they also Export to Finland, Australia, United Kingdom, Austria and Switzerland.
"New projects are on their way" says Ulrich Baumann. "At the moment, we are working together with growers in Germany and the Netherlands to develop pots and plant containers that meet their special needs."
For more information
Ulrich Baumann, Sales Topfit
Ronald van Dijk, Advice and sales Topfit - Benelux
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 UV treatment solutions garner interest in South America
- 2023-11-29 InspiraFarms Cooling in talks to acquire Celtic International
- 2023-11-17 Euro Plant Tray wins the reusable innovation award from German Environmental Aid
- 2023-11-10 Transition arrangements for the returnable deposit on Fc519 flower boxes and introduction of Fc520 boxes
- 2023-11-09 Amevo develops new bamboo label stake
- 2023-11-03 Geest Potplanten reduces plastic packaging in phalaenopsis with lighter pot
- 2023-11-03 Elho and The Orchid Growers introduce vibes orchid
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-10-30 "Multiple use products benefit logistics"
- 2023-10-30 LiveTrends Design Group unveils decorative accessories for 2024
- 2023-10-26 Gebr. Valstar presents a new packaging line for its premium brand Rhythm of Nature
- 2023-10-24 "People arrive with a packaging idea and leave with a box"
- 2023-10-24 North America: "Greenhouse operators eager to replace plastic trays with molded pulp trays"
- 2023-10-18 "Koen Pack leads the way to a better tomorrow"
- 2023-10-18 Ozone and cold plasma technology for water treatment in hydroponics
- 2023-10-17 "Sustainability is deeply ingrained in our DNA and is not just a sales pitch"