- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Especially for growing Kalanchoes:
Henke-Kunststoffe added new pots to their topfit range
The 10.5cm and 12cm AHT pot
The new AHT pot.
The new 10.5cm and 12cm AHT pots are especially designed for a Dutch Kalanchoe grower and is now enclosed in the assortment of Henke-Kunststoffe. "Together with Royal Brinkman and Ronald van Dijk, our Sales Manager for the Benelux area, we developed these pots for Slijkerman Kalanchoe", says Baumann. After a period of designing, drawing, discussing and 3D prototyping, they came to the model the AHT. This offers the Kalanchoe a pleasant environment for their roots. "As Kalanchoes needs more air at the roots , we inserted extra holes in the center of the pot." Next to the cultivation of the Kalanchoe, the pot can also be used for other plants with similar features. "At the moment, we see an increasing demand for these products", says Ulrich Baumann.
The 10.5 AHT is added to the existing topfit range. This range of Henke-Kunststoffe consists of round pots and plantcontainers, hanging baskets, hanging basket accessories and transportation kids. "All pots are exclusively produced with recycled plastic materials and are suitable for automation. The necessary stability and desired shape is given by the addition of technical drawings and special additives." explains Ulrich Baumann
Ronald van Dijk at the IPM Essen 2015.
All pots are available in the standard colors terracotta and black and can be produced in special colors on request. Furthermore, the products can be printed with company logos, product- and plantinformation, customized designs and barcodes in all standard diameters.
Click here to view the catalogue of the topfit range.
"If there is not a pot in the range that meets the growers needs, we are able to develop one, just as in Slijkerman Kalanchoe's case." In order to produce the requested pots Henke-Kunststoffe will develop and obtain new equipment for their machines.
The topfit range is one of the three areas on which Henke-Kunststoffe is specialized, namely: food packaging, plastic protective elements, technical parts and gardening products (topfit). It all started in 1924, when Franz Henke established the company. At that time, the company produced natural corks and corks for beverage cups and pharmaceutical industries. During the years, the business expanded and Henke-Kunststoffe started to develop and produce the topfit range in 1960. In 2013 they invested 10 million euro to enlarge their entire production with production with 26 new injection moulding machines, thereof 2 million was invested in machines to build up this topfit area.
Their main market is Germany and the Netherlands, but they also Export to Finland, Australia, United Kingdom, Austria and Switzerland.
"New projects are on their way" says Ulrich Baumann. "At the moment, we are working together with growers in Germany and the Netherlands to develop pots and plant containers that meet their special needs."
For more information
Ulrich Baumann, Sales Topfit
Ronald van Dijk, Advice and sales Topfit - Benelux
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-11 Koen Pack launches sample book with packaging materials
- 2022-10-07 "Bamboo sleeve: functional and less harmful to the environment"
- 2022-10-03 NZ: Biodegradable nursery pots to offer plastic-free alternative
- 2022-09-26 Minneapolis start-up plans win price for compostable flower foam
- 2022-09-07 Macpac showcases new packaging solutions at Four Oaks trade show
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-18 How one small change can make a big difference
- 2022-07-18 Modiform is choosing recyclable packs made from 100% recycled materials
- 2022-07-04 Evaluation of post-harvest quality of marigold flowers
- 2022-06-24 “We are filling a need for easy-to-use and sustainable online packaging”
- 2022-06-22 Plastic-free soil degradable seedling pots introduced to Australian market
- 2022-06-15 RipeLocker closes its first multi-unit sales deal with The Queen’s Flowers
- 2022-06-14 Online packaging: Modiform is introducing a new product category
- 2022-06-14 Clayrton's targets full-paper packaging for flowers and plants
- 2022-06-02 "People want to become more sustainable, and the transport tray plays a role in this"
- 2022-05-31 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-26 Kolster presents new label Magical Garden Plants
- 2022-05-25 Water-resistant paper brings plastic alternative
- 2022-05-18 FTD introduces sustainable packaging for all Farm-to-door orders
- 2022-05-10 New foolproof planter solution gaining worldwide interest