- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dutch young plant producer Plantise quits
- Royal Van Zanten takes over activities of Armada Breeding
- US (MN): Volunteers help at Lynde Greenhouse after massive fire
- Comparing the benefits of white and black groundcover in hot climate environments
- Zendaya Anthurium dress helps the flower grow in popularity
Top 5 -last week
- ‘Global floral trends and the strategy of Japan’
- 'Greenhouse with future' opened by HilverdaFlorist
- LA based company, Verona Roses, shakes up the market for preserved flowers and personalization
- Acrotelm and wood fiber as alternative to peat
- Tangchao – Activities at Benary's fourth breeding center moving fast in China
Top 5 -last month
FloraHolland presents uniform symbols floriculture on Seasonal Trade Fair
Marco Lansbergen (left), grower of orchids and responsible for the development of the uniform symbols, and Arnold Hordijk, chairman of Orchidee Nederland, reveal on the Seasonal Trade Fair the uniform symbols.
Care instructions for every plant
Though Dutch growers of orchids were the initiators of uniform symbols, an important condition for the development of the uniform symbols were that the symbols are applicable for all plants. In this way, information about the best care of plants is clear and unambiguous. After a while, consumers should recognize the uniform symbols, like the symbols that provide information how to wash clothes.
The use of symbols
There are symbols developed for the place, water, temperature, the use of fertilizers, specific information about the product en consumption. The order of rank of the symbols is crucial, because the order of rank is based on the information needs of consumers.
Example of the care instructions of phalaenopsis.
There are guidelines for a right use of the uniform symbols. The symbols and the guidelines can be downloaded from the websites www.vbn.nl and www.orchidsinfo.eu.
Based on consumer research, it can be concluded that the consumer searches for care instructions when the consumer buys a plant. When there are no care instructions available, consumers could decide not to buy the plant.
The uniform symbols are also tested in a consumer research, to check if consumers understand what is meant by the symbols.
Thanks to the DIT Initiative of Rabobank Westland, the uniform symbols could be developed.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-03 NZ: Biodegradable nursery pots to offer plastic-free alternative
- 2022-09-26 Minneapolis start-up plans win price for compostable flower foam
- 2022-09-07 Macpac showcases new packaging solutions at Four Oaks trade show
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-18 How one small change can make a big difference
- 2022-07-18 Modiform is choosing recyclable packs made from 100% recycled materials
- 2022-07-04 Evaluation of post-harvest quality of marigold flowers
- 2022-06-24 “We are filling a need for easy-to-use and sustainable online packaging”
- 2022-06-22 Plastic-free soil degradable seedling pots introduced to Australian market
- 2022-06-15 RipeLocker closes its first multi-unit sales deal with The Queen’s Flowers
- 2022-06-14 Online packaging: Modiform is introducing a new product category
- 2022-06-14 Clayrton's targets full-paper packaging for flowers and plants
- 2022-06-02 "People want to become more sustainable, and the transport tray plays a role in this"
- 2022-05-31 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-26 Kolster presents new label Magical Garden Plants
- 2022-05-25 Water-resistant paper brings plastic alternative
- 2022-05-18 FTD introduces sustainable packaging for all Farm-to-door orders
- 2022-05-10 New foolproof planter solution gaining worldwide interest
- 2022-04-15 “28 days of tulip freshness, stunning results”
- 2022-04-05 Decowraps completes acquisition of Flopak USA