- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- "It's a niche product that we created ourselves”
- McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- J. Berry Nursery relaxes Hollywood Hibiscus branded container requirements
- Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
app offers opportunities for flower breeders and growers
All current ornamentals and varieties in one app : Flowerbook
Hesselberth is a buyer at a floral wholesaler in the United Kingdom and came up with this idea after receiving many questions from florists and event planners about finding the right flowers for particular projects and designs. In the app, each flower listed is matched to a colour guide and all the information about the flowers including pictures, if it is grown all year round and where it’s grown can be found. The app contains over 5,000 high quality images and one can search by variety, type or colour of flower.
By reaching a large number of users in just a couple of months, the app already proved to be a success. This, however, does not prevent Hesselberth from introducing new innovations and improvements. At the moment, innovations that will attract a wider audience are waiting to be introduced. These innovations will be interesting for flower breeders and growers in particular.
For flower breeders, the app will be an interesting tool in the future. There are plans to make a ‘showroom’ in which flower breeders can present their new varieties. Then, the Flowerbook app users can grade these varieties and give comments. Afterwards, this info will be supplied to the breeders. "It enables the breeder to form a clear picture about popular varieties, colours and shapes in different countries."
Also possibilities for floral growers are investigated. For example, a connection between the flower and the grower can be made by adding the growers' name underneath an image. "We would like to enhance the experience of the product and this can be done by adding more images and probably also videos", says Hesselberth.
Currently, the app is in English, but 6 languages will be added this week. So, then, the app will be available in English, Spanish, Polish, Russian, French, German and the Czech language.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Centre for high-tech protected cropping systems launched to climate-proof crop production
- 2022-11-30 Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
- 2022-11-30 UK: New Leaf Plants teams up with Joy of Plants
- 2022-11-30 McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- 2022-11-30 Hoffman Nursery gives update on growing stock
- 2022-11-29 Dutch exporter Montfleury celebrates 20 years
- 2022-11-29 2022 Poinsettia trial results Millstadt Young Plants and N.G. Heimos Greenhouses
- 2022-11-29 NL: Pieterpikzonen takes over Wing Seed BV
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NL: Rebuilding of Takii’s new production- and breeding location in Zeeland started
- 2022-11-29 "It's good to be here for a longer period"
- 2022-11-29 NPI brings water, whenever and wherever it is needed!
- 2022-11-29 All-American Selections presents six new winners
- 2022-11-28 US (OH): Help Foundation in Euclid uses greenhouse to teach skills to developmentally disabled
- 2022-11-28 Oreon receives DLC listing for water-cooled LED fixtures
- 2022-11-28 Connecting small and medium-sized flower growers with European buyers
- 2022-11-28 Expansion of the CEA team at Bosman Van Zaal
- 2022-11-28 "China, a fast-developing market"
- 2022-11-25 "This variety excels in its ornamental value and soft color"
- 2022-11-25 Booker Flowers and Gifts earn eco-award second year in a row