- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
app offers opportunities for flower breeders and growers
All current ornamentals and varieties in one app : Flowerbook
Hesselberth is a buyer at a floral wholesaler in the United Kingdom and came up with this idea after receiving many questions from florists and event planners about finding the right flowers for particular projects and designs. In the app, each flower listed is matched to a colour guide and all the information about the flowers including pictures, if it is grown all year round and where it’s grown can be found. The app contains over 5,000 high quality images and one can search by variety, type or colour of flower.
By reaching a large number of users in just a couple of months, the app already proved to be a success. This, however, does not prevent Hesselberth from introducing new innovations and improvements. At the moment, innovations that will attract a wider audience are waiting to be introduced. These innovations will be interesting for flower breeders and growers in particular.
For flower breeders, the app will be an interesting tool in the future. There are plans to make a ‘showroom’ in which flower breeders can present their new varieties. Then, the Flowerbook app users can grade these varieties and give comments. Afterwards, this info will be supplied to the breeders. "It enables the breeder to form a clear picture about popular varieties, colours and shapes in different countries."
Also possibilities for floral growers are investigated. For example, a connection between the flower and the grower can be made by adding the growers' name underneath an image. "We would like to enhance the experience of the product and this can be done by adding more images and probably also videos", says Hesselberth.
Currently, the app is in English, but 6 languages will be added this week. So, then, the app will be available in English, Spanish, Polish, Russian, French, German and the Czech language.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Signify announces new customer-centric organization and structural cost reductions
- 2023-12-01 Rise N' Shine Biotech partners with Hi-Breeding
- 2023-11-30 NL: Sales at Lankhaar Nursery under own management again
- 2023-11-30 Ceres opens an office in the World Horti Center
- 2023-11-30 "Cellulose nets will also gain a foothold in the conventional sector"
- 2023-11-30 Monrovia expands new plants team
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 New hues on the North American market with BluOcean
- 2023-11-29 Pasadena Tournament of Roses honors passing of longest-living rose queen Margaret Huntley Main
- 2023-11-29 Rose farms AgroTerraNorte & TerraPacific from Ecuador develop Grupo del Pacifico, LLC. in the United States
- 2023-11-29 JetBlue donates 2M TrueBlue Points to Make-A-Wish
- 2023-11-29 Ronald Moerings Foundation donates €186,100 to AVL Foundation
- 2023-11-29 24 DryGair units regulate the humidity at greenhouse of Dutch rose nursery Rozenkwekerij Van der Hulst
- 2023-11-29 40 types of Ecuadorian grown flowers at one place
- 2023-11-28 US (NB): USDA facility at Innovation Campus will start construction next year