toom Baumarkt also requires MPS-GAP owned by MPS Milieu Programma Sierteelt, which is a GLOBALG.A.P. benchmarked scheme with an Equivalent recognition level.
With over 14,400 employees and a gross turnover of around 2.6 billion euros, toom Baumarkt is one of the leading suppliers of the German DIY sector. The company belongs to the REWE Group, one of the leading trade and tourism groups in Europe.
More than 1,100 flowers and ornamentals producers are under GLOBALG.A.P. Certification in 30 countries worldwide, covering more than 32,790 hectares. And these numbers are growing.
The GLOBALG.A.P. Flowers & Ornamentals Standard covers responsible water use, waste and pollution management, worker occupational health and safety, chain of custody, propagation material, soil and substrate management, fertilizer use, use of plant protection products, harvesting, and post-harvest treatments.
The new Version 5 of the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Flowers & Ornamentals Standard (IFA F&O V5) will be available in June 2015.
Benchmarked schemes can reapply for revision against IFA F&O V5 from July 2015 on.
The current flowers and ornamentals schemes benchmarked against IFA V4.0 are:
- BOPP Grower Standard owned by the British Ornamental Plant Producers Certification Scheme
- EHPEA Code of Practice for Sustainable Flower Production – Silver Level owned by the Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association (EHPEA)
- KFC Silver Standard owned by The Kenya Flower Council
- MPS-GAP MPS owned by Milieu Programma Sierteelt
- SwissGAP Hortikultur owned by Verein SwissGAP (IFA V4.0)
Learn more about the GLOBALG.A.P. Flowers & Ornamentals Standard at www.globalgap.org/fo