- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Roaming climate measuring box prevents condensation and saves energy
Growers can now prevent that condensation will occur at a local cold spot. The climate is more homogeneous, and a more humid level can be kept, which means less energy is required for dehumidification. For a tomato crop in the period 2014-2015, with an increase of the RH by 5%, windows kept close longer, and up to 10% of energy could be saved.
Growers look for opportunities to realize a more homogeneous climate, lower energy consumption and lesser diseases. The results are encouraging, and the tests have shown that the principle works. However, if there is already a homogeneous climate, no extra energy can be saved with this strategy. However, the controller can continue to respond quickly to local wet spots.
To see if the results are achievable for a whole year, under different growing conditions and in other crops, further research should be carried out. Also, growers still have many questions: "How much humidity can we allow to save energy safely, and to what extend does opening of windows and doors and switching of fans influence the working of the controller?"
The roaming measuring box controller is not yet available. However, companies are interested to sell it as an option for their climate computer. The wireless sensors are already on the market, and can be deployed. With these, growers can all learn a lot about the homogeneity of their climate.
Source: Wageningen UR
For more information:
Wireless Value B.V.
7812 HZ EMMEN
Tel: +31 591 633200
Fax: +31 591 631197
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-06-30 US government provides $55m towards CHP projects
- 2015-06-29 Canada: Greenhouse owners slowly recovering after hydro bill fiasco
- 2015-06-26 New software calculates the most efficient energy layout
- 2015-06-25 Opportunities for geothermal energy: New method reveals past underground temperatures
- 2015-06-24 Canada: Decision on new hydro line in Essex county expected soon, says energy minister
- 2015-06-23 US (NH): Solar-powered greenhouse showcases alternative energy
- 2015-06-22 Market position Dutch CHP: short-term decline, long-term recovery
- 2015-06-19 UK: Want to know more about anaerobic digestion?
- 2015-06-18 UK: GrowSave to host two energy events
- 2015-06-17 Canada: Truly Green has a true ambition for their 90 acre green crop in Chatham-Kent
- 2015-06-16 Savings and sustainability with geothermals
- 2015-06-15 Roaming climate measuring box prevents condensation and saves energy
- 2015-06-12 "Necessity for alternative energy is nearby"
- 2015-06-11 US: What a 50% renewables mandate means for California
- 2015-06-11 China: JYT collaborates with Huawei on solar PV greenhouse project
- 2015-06-10 Canada: Industrial Electricity Incentive available Ontario