- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
US (CA): Shinoda Foundation Invests in Horticulture’s Future with $22,000 in Scholarships & Grants
“It’s our honor to contribute to horticulture’s growth by investing in the students that will be its future,” said Bob Otsuka, president of the Foundation. “These future horticulturists represent some of the best potential our industry has.”
Since 1965, the Shinoda Foundation has awarded more than $811,000 in scholarships to 667 students.
Based on rigorous criteria including academics, work experience, career goals, extracurricular activities and need, the Foundation selects winners from programs across the nation.
This year’s recipients include:
Shinoda Foundation Scholarships
Bay Boysen, Senior, Iowa State University, $2,500
Erin Hsu, Junior, University of California, Davis, $3,500
Whitney Kwok, Senior, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, $3,500
Jaclyn Nelson, Junior, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, $2,500
California Floral Council Scholarship (applicants residing in California)
Erin Hsu, Junior, University of California, Davis
Leo Goldberg Memorial Scholarship (given in memory of Skyline Flowers’ Leo Goldberg)
Whitney Kwok, Senior, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Shinoda Design Center Scholarships (applicants from community colleges in California majoring in floral design)
Alida Jenks, Golden West College, Huntington Beach, $500
Tara Whitefield, City College of San Francisco, $500
For more information
Joseph Shinoda Memorial Scholarship Foundation
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 Dutch exporter Montfleury celebrates 20 years
- 2022-11-29 2022 Poinsettia trial results Millstadt Young Plants and N.G. Heimos Greenhouses
- 2022-11-29 NL: Pieterpikzonen takes over Wing Seed BV
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NL: Rebuilding of Takii’s new production- and breeding location in Zeeland started
- 2022-11-29 "It's good to be here for a longer period"
- 2022-11-29 NPI brings water, whenever and wherever it is needed!
- 2022-11-29 All-American Selections presents six new winners
- 2022-11-28 US (OH): Help Foundation in Euclid uses greenhouse to teach skills to developmentally disabled
- 2022-11-28 Oreon receives DLC listing for water-cooled LED fixtures
- 2022-11-28 Connecting small and medium-sized flower growers with European buyers
- 2022-11-28 Expansion of the CEA team at Bosman Van Zaal
- 2022-11-28 "China, a fast-developing market"
- 2022-11-25 "This variety excels in its ornamental value and soft color"
- 2022-11-25 Booker Flowers and Gifts earn eco-award second year in a row
- 2022-11-25 "Adding or changing lights in the greenhouse? Don’t neglect humidity"
- 2022-11-25 Hort Innovation welcomes two new directors
- 2022-11-25 Dutch Gerbera grower Jac. Oudijk harvests 50 millionth Gerbera of 2022
- 2022-11-24 Horconex receives HortiQ certificate
- 2022-11-24 “Why should we?” Making the case for sustainable container management in Lithuania