- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
AU: 'Crazy' plant pathologist gets down(y) with disease
With the state facing outbreaks of the sometimes devastating downy mildew, the song has never been more relevant. Downy mildew is a fungal disease usually triggered by a combination of rainfall and certain temperatures. Mr Magarey co-authored the rap with his "crazy cousin".
"He probably thinks I'm the same, he was a plant pathologist over in Mildura working for the Department of Ag," he said. "We were concerned about trying to educate the public about the conditions required for downy mildew to occur. So we sat down and nutted out a song," Mr Magarey said.
Not content to rest on their laurels, the duo wrote subsequent songs about a range of diseases, including powdery mildew and black spot. They have also written a poem about downy mildew in the style of The Man From Snowy River. "We're just using different methods to communicate stories and summaries about diseases and pests," Mr Magarey said.
Source: ABC Rural
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 First report of Thrips parvispinus in Canada, and spread in the USA
- 2023-11-27 US (HI): State ag agency on track for stricter control of invasive pests
- 2023-11-22 New database Dutch Names of Plant Diseases
- 2023-11-20 Webinar about special collaboration on integrated Pest Management (IPM) in the Chrysanthemum sector
- 2023-11-20 US (MI): National and international experts in biological control featured at 2023 Michigan Greenhouse Growers Expo
- 2023-11-20 CAN: "Your one-stop-shop for pesticide Information for greenhouse crops"
- 2023-11-16 Navigating the energy efficiency, greenhouse lighting, and pollination success
- 2023-11-10 Watch for Botrytis on Poinsettia
- 2023-11-09 Addressing algaes in greenhouses
- 2023-11-09 Bayer considers spinning off crop protection
- 2023-11-08 Trap plants as a tool against thrips in tropicals
- 2023-11-07 How to conquer downy mildew and botrytis
- 2023-11-03 US (MA): State Agricultural Resources Commissioner Randle tours storm-damaged farms in Western Massachusetts
- 2023-11-02 The eight-toothed spruce bark beetle
- 2023-11-02 "A plant actually needs bacteria to protect itself from plant pathogens"
- 2023-10-30 EFSA concludes that cut roses are a gateway for the fake moth into the EU