- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- "The best in flower seeds thanks to our independence"
- Understanding basic principles of lighting and its effect on flower crops
- "A Lowpad in the workplace will help us take our operations to the next level"
- UK: Glasshouse nursery to let in Selby
- This Chicago couple turns vacant lots into flower farms, with help of local youth
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
SmartScan 3D installed at Piet Vijverberg Nursery
Netherlands: Sorting phalaenopsis flawlessly
Nursery Piet Vijverberg aims for high reliability toward clients, for which tight sorting is essential. In 2013, the company already took a big step in camera sorting. Through remote plant evaluation, 'illegible' photos were manually evaluated through video footage in the Philippines. While this was a very innovative system at the time, better techniques are available today. Nursery Piet Vijverberg is the first in the world to implement the SmartScan 3D, greatly improving service and reliability.
Following a careful and rigorous trial period at Nursery Piet Vijverberg, where at least 98% reliability has been demonstrated, they decided to purchase the system. It is capable of processing 2400 plants per hour. Unripe plants are singled out by the camera and sent back to the greenhouse. This system also eases and lowers the workload during packaging, realizing better and higher packing performance, and greatly improving working conditions.
Partnership with TNO
Because market demands surpassed the techniques in use so far, WPS started looking for new techniques. In conjunction with TNO, they opted for 3D modeling of plants. In this case, the technique is applied to orchids, but WPS sees a lot of potential for other plant varieties to map more features.
The SmartScan series starts with a simple 1D altimeter, and goes up to very accurately mapping all possible plant features using 3D techniques. Every week, WPS maps out 10 million plants at clients.
For more information:
2678 AC De Lier
T +31 (0)174 671 371
F +31 (0)174 671 372
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Now also weather data in the Irrigation Management App
- 2022-11-24 The hydrophilic character of anticondens improves light incidence
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-11 'Field robot sales will hit $11 billion by 2030'
- 2022-11-11 Finding the balance to improve crop performance maintaining high energy efficiency levels
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-10 Former grower Mark Bruinen supports growers in many areas
- 2022-11-08 Think automation isn't for your operation? Think again
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-28 New multifunctional and solid hygiene lock in the fight against disease pressure in horticulture
- 2022-10-24 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-17 Literature review shares potential efficiency opportunities
- 2022-10-14 ‘With PATS-C, active moths can be clearly monitored in the dark’
- 2022-09-21 Massive crossover suppression by CRISPR–Cas-mediated plant chromosome engineering
- 2022-09-21 From high in the mountains to a tropical island: growers are looking to add extra oxygen to their crops
- 2022-09-21 Evaluation of growth parameters and yield attributes of marigold genotypes
- 2022-09-21 2023 Garden trends show responsibility and sustainability
- 2022-09-07 Dutch Flower Group presents the "Sunsability toolbox" for the floriculture sector
- 2022-09-02 Toshiba and KenGen conclude memorandum of understanding on O&M services for geothermal power plants
- 2022-09-02 Identification and characterization of petal color change from pink to yellow in Chrysanthemum morifolium ‘Pink Candy’