- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
Ghana: Kenya Trade Expo held in Accra
This has come as a result of a renewed approach towards a more focused investment drive initiated by the centre to promote specific priority investment projects which made it easy for investors to make the investment decision.
Mr Alex Twumasi, Senior Investment Officer of GIPC who announced this at the opening of the maiden Kenya Trade Expo in Accra, said the centre had also recorded 22 investment projects from Kenya with an investment value of $193 million from 1994 to June 2015.
The three-day expo which had the theme: “The Role of Pan-African Investments in Ghana’s Growth,” was aimed at creating a platform for Ghanaian and Kenyan businesses to explore partnership opportunities.
The expo brought together both Kenyan and Ghanaian businessmen and traders who exhibited their products with the aim of deepening the existing investment and trade ties between the two countries.
The Senior Investment Officer said connecting Africa’s markets and investing in the entire value chain across sectors would be the key driver for the region in boosting intra-African trade since data from the Africa Competitiveness Report 2015, suggested that to date, only 11.3 per cent of trade in Africa was intra-regional.
He also said according to the report, total exports of African countries were heavily skewed towards the export of raw minerals and that Africa’s population of over one billion people represented a large emerging consumer market and labour force that provided significant growth opportunities.
Source: Graphic Online
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 India: Festive demand firms-up flower prices
- 2023-09-22 New Zealand: Flower show marks 40 years
- 2023-09-22 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-22 Dümmen Orange Plant Scientist Receives 2023 Paul Ecke Jr. Award from San Diego Botanic Garden
- 2023-09-22 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-22 GlobalGAP prepares the industry for integrated farm assurance version 6
- 2023-09-21 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-21 2024 Horticultural Entrepreneur Award ceremony on March 6
- 2023-09-21 Flores Isabelita awarded at the Comfenalco Antioquia Inclusion Awards
- 2023-09-21 UK: Lossiemouth flower show makes colorful return
- 2023-09-20 MANTS 2024 kickstarts the year at The Baltimore Convention Center
- 2023-09-20 Hort-Talk: a focus on houseplants
- 2023-09-20 University of Florida greenhouse climate management starts October 1
- 2023-09-20 US (OR): Farwest Show celebrates 50th anniversary
- 2023-09-20 Dutch king honored with sustainable flowers
- 2023-09-20 ICL and Syngenta Ornamentals team up for horti science masterclass
- 2023-09-19 Italy: Myplant is partner of the annual congress of the International Garden Center Association
- 2023-09-19 US (PA): PHS to host 'Out in the Garden'
- 2023-09-19 UK: CHA unveils exhibitors joining IPM 2024
- 2023-09-18 US (AZ): The Endowment hosted its annual event & reception during the SAF Annual Convention