- Managing Director, UK
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
- Marketing trends for 2023 your organization should consider
- "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- “A pot rose with an X-factor”
- Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- Special Year Overview 2022: Some award-winning rose varieties!
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Ghana: Kenya Trade Expo held in Accra
This has come as a result of a renewed approach towards a more focused investment drive initiated by the centre to promote specific priority investment projects which made it easy for investors to make the investment decision.
Mr Alex Twumasi, Senior Investment Officer of GIPC who announced this at the opening of the maiden Kenya Trade Expo in Accra, said the centre had also recorded 22 investment projects from Kenya with an investment value of $193 million from 1994 to June 2015.
The three-day expo which had the theme: “The Role of Pan-African Investments in Ghana’s Growth,” was aimed at creating a platform for Ghanaian and Kenyan businesses to explore partnership opportunities.
The expo brought together both Kenyan and Ghanaian businessmen and traders who exhibited their products with the aim of deepening the existing investment and trade ties between the two countries.
The Senior Investment Officer said connecting Africa’s markets and investing in the entire value chain across sectors would be the key driver for the region in boosting intra-African trade since data from the Africa Competitiveness Report 2015, suggested that to date, only 11.3 per cent of trade in Africa was intra-regional.
He also said according to the report, total exports of African countries were heavily skewed towards the export of raw minerals and that Africa’s population of over one billion people represented a large emerging consumer market and labour force that provided significant growth opportunities.
Source: Graphic Online
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-07 Highlights from the International Floriculture Trade Fair (IFTF) 2022 by Sahid Nahim
- 2022-12-07 Pelargoniums & poinsettias to be boosted in Eastern Europe with new EU funding
- 2022-12-07 Pheno Geno Roses attends beer symposium in Zrenjanin
- 2022-12-06 Fresh Park Venlo business club delves into ornamental plant auction and fairs 2.0
- 2022-12-06 "Supermarkets didn't get charged more during corona either, did they?"
- 2022-12-02 AIPH announces finalists for the second Young International Grower of the Year Award
- 2022-12-01 Review of relationship day growers' cooperative Touch Me+
- 2022-11-30 UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- 2022-11-29 The Bloom Show: blooming down memory lane
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-28 HTA announces 2023 Ornamental Grower of the Year Awards date
- 2022-11-28 NL: Trade Fair Naaldwijk 2023 = Trade Fair Rijswijk in 2023
- 2022-11-28 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-25 Winners of the TASPO Awards 2022
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-23 Presentation of market study on opportunities in Mexican ornamental plants and flowers sector
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 #GivingTuesday supports beautiful flowers in 2023
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-23 Japan: 5 million LEDs make Ashikaga Flower Park a show-stopper