- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
December 10-12, 2015
UNH Hosts Poinsettia Trials Open House
Poinsettias on display will go far beyond the traditional red to shades of pink, apricot, and deep burgundy; variegations of red, white, and pink shades; and those with names like Red Soul, Prima Donna, North Star, Autumn Leaves, Christmas Wish, Harlequin Red, and Pink Candy. Visitors to the trials will assist in research by recording their favorites from among new and different varieties. Completing this survey will enter visitors into a drawing to win a poinsettia. In addition, while on the UNH campus visitors may view the 12-foot poinsettia tree in the lobby of the Whittemore Center.
The Poinsettia Trials is a collaborative event to bring research to breeders, growers, and the public. Similar trials take place at universities and commercial greenhouses across the country, allowing breeders and growers to evaluate regional differences in the growth and performance of new cultivars. This valuable information provides a basis for choosing the best cultivars for a particular growing environment and market.
A broad selection of the many poinsettia varieties will be available for purchase from Thompson School students on all three days and throughout the holiday season. The Thompson School Horticulture Club will again host a wreath decorating activity. Fresh wreaths will be available for purchase, and visitors will be guided by Horticulture Club students to create their own holiday wreath. All proceeds will benefit the Horticulture Club.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 India: Colorful success at first Flower Trial event in Pune
- 2023-12-06 Singapore: Flowers that come to life at Gardens by the Bay
- 2023-12-05 4 Benefits of SAF's Next Gen LIVE!
- 2023-12-05 Finalists announced for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards 2024
- 2023-12-04 Singapore: Petunia Itsy Bitsy Mix wins People’s Choice Award at Gardens by the Bay
- 2023-12-01 Syngenta synergy at IPM Essen 2024 with theme ‘Every Flower Counts’
- 2023-12-01 German tree nurseries well represented at Plants4U
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-30 Point of Emotion: Highlights of Christmasworld 2024
- 2023-11-30 New format for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards
- 2023-11-29 Keynote speaker & past-winners panel; a new format for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards
- 2023-11-29 Jet Fresh Flower Growers awarded Social Responsibility Award
- 2023-11-29 Colombia: Second flower market successfully held in the municipality of Cajicá, Cundinamarca
- 2023-11-28 New Zealand: Amateurs ready to host professional growers at National Rose Show in Timaru
- 2023-11-27 Dutch freesia trade benefits from automated selection of freesia bulbs
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey