- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Mother's Day reveals customers’ good mood
The average spending for a Mother's Day present in France was €28. Spending per customer in the Netherlands (€21) and Germany (€19) was significantly less.
For Germany, an average spending of €19 is good. Nationwide, members of the Association of the German Wholesale and Import Trade for Flowers (Verband des Deutschen Blumen- Groß- und Importhandels e. V.) were very pleased with the Mother’s Day sales. In terms of both quantities and pricing, 2015 showed growth for cut-flower wholesalers. Florists in the Trade Association of German Florists (Fachverbands Deutscher Floristen e. V) were also very satisfied.
According to a survey by the Association of German Flower Wholesalers (Vereinigung Deutscher Blumengroßmärkte), the 2015 bed and balcony season went well for all. Experts are reporting sales increases of approximately 7% in wholesale.
Generally, it can be said that after a somewhat slow start in spring, from mid-May onwards, sales of flowers and plants in Germany ran continuously and without major disruptions or surprises in 2015. The bed and balcony season replaced a harmonious spring season. The summer was stable with average prices. All in all, it was not an outstanding season but also not a bad season.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 US: Economic impact of fresh produce industry
- 2022-09-30 Deals that were agreed upon months ago still have to be honored at the agreed price
- 2022-09-30 "How flowers and translations connect you with your people"
- 2022-09-30 Florida, the state of flowers
- 2022-09-29 Nepal: Wilted demand dismays flower traders
- 2022-09-29 ‘Global floral trends and the strategy of Japan’
- 2022-09-28 "The situation in Europe has changed, but in Africa it didn't"
- 2022-09-28 "Dollar exchange rate means double export volumes to North America, but not all that glitters is gold"
- 2022-09-27 Questions about how growers use gas to make money
- 2022-09-26 Canada-Carribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program update
- 2022-09-26 Responsible Business Conduct Agreement for the floriculture sector finalized
- 2022-09-26 Beige flowers: flowers that match current color trends
- 2022-09-26 AU: Smart Production Nursery factsheet available for growers
- 2022-09-26 UK energy support for businesses is welcome, but more details are needed
- 2022-09-26 LA based company, Verona Roses, shakes up the market for preserved flowers and personalization
- 2022-09-23 India: low flower sales lead to price decrease in Koyembedu market
- 2022-09-23 UK farm businesses to have energy bills halved as part of new scheme
- 2022-09-23 India: CSIR-IIIM organizes training program for farmers
- 2022-09-21 Indian flower growers eye co-op with Turkish firms to boost sector
- 2022-09-21 Call for protest collective: 'Keep putting up upside-down flags'