- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Mother's Day reveals customers’ good mood
The average spending for a Mother's Day present in France was €28. Spending per customer in the Netherlands (€21) and Germany (€19) was significantly less.
For Germany, an average spending of €19 is good. Nationwide, members of the Association of the German Wholesale and Import Trade for Flowers (Verband des Deutschen Blumen- Groß- und Importhandels e. V.) were very pleased with the Mother’s Day sales. In terms of both quantities and pricing, 2015 showed growth for cut-flower wholesalers. Florists in the Trade Association of German Florists (Fachverbands Deutscher Floristen e. V) were also very satisfied.
According to a survey by the Association of German Flower Wholesalers (Vereinigung Deutscher Blumengroßmärkte), the 2015 bed and balcony season went well for all. Experts are reporting sales increases of approximately 7% in wholesale.
Generally, it can be said that after a somewhat slow start in spring, from mid-May onwards, sales of flowers and plants in Germany ran continuously and without major disruptions or surprises in 2015. The bed and balcony season replaced a harmonious spring season. The summer was stable with average prices. All in all, it was not an outstanding season but also not a bad season.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 UK: Retail crime crisis: HTA and major retailers call on Home Secretary for urgent action
- 2023-10-02 UK admits extra £330m a year in charges for post-Brexit animal and plant imports
- 2023-09-29 Colombia: Completion of the first module of the floriculture sector supervisors school
- 2023-09-29 Where have all the flowers gone? Miami as import hub for flowers in the US
- 2023-09-29 Turkey: Disused greenhouses in Sakarya will be put into production
- 2023-09-28 Launch of PlantwisePlus in Bangladesh to help increase climate-smart approach to plant health and food security
- 2023-09-26 US: Association of Floral Importers of Florida works towards GSP renewal
- 2023-09-26 Dubai pilot export project: 36 orchid producers seal orders worth RM83.9m
- 2023-09-26 Mayesh director of marketing discusses introducing new products into the market
- 2023-09-25 Malaysia: Growers hope for government incentives amidst challenging times
- 2023-09-22 Auctioneer visits Kenya
- 2023-09-22 "For florist, fresh guarantee is key"
- 2023-09-22 "Successfully starting your own business is not something you do alone"
- 2023-09-22 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-09-21 "2023, a year of shifts"
- 2023-09-21 Prinsjesdag budget: Cabinet comes to take money from horticulture