- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
Meet & Greet Amaryllis @ FleuraMetz
Anyone looking to discover the amaryllis's birthplace needs to travel to South, Central America and the Caribbean. This radiant flower is a descendant of the Narcissus family, and grows from a bulb. The name 'Amaryllis' comes from the Greek word 'amarussein', which means 'sparkling' or 'radiant'.
Colours and shapes of the amaryllis
The amaryllis's petals are very unusual; they look like they're made from velvet. In terms of colour, they come in white, red, yellow, pink, salmon, purple, orange and bi-coloured. There are usually four to six imposing flowers on the stem. The amaryllis does not have any foliage. That's why they sometimes call her the 'Naked Lady' in the United States.
How to make an amaryllis bouquet
The amaryllis combines well, and effortlessly fits into various styles. If a customer fancies simplicity, amaryllis can be combined with Viburnum. If they prefer something livelier, but still restrained, make a fantastic white bouquet with amaryllis, lilac and magnolia. A robust bouquet also works well. Take a sturdy vase and place holly and amaryllis bulbs in it to create a bouquet that no-one can ignore!
The amaryllis's symbolism
The amaryllis symbolises pride and enchanting beauty. It expresses a feeling of friendship and affection. This is the perfect flower if a customer wants to capture hearts.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-18 Gardening Simplified show celebrates first anniversary with high ratings
- 2023-09-11 'Amistad' wins Best in Show and CalFlowers wins SAF’s Marketer of the Year Award
- 2023-09-01 Thanks Plants campaign exclusively online this year
- 2023-08-25 PDSI's marketing approach sparks 2023 growth among younger generations in engagement and sales
- 2023-08-25 Turkey: 'Carnation export revenues may boom with better marketing"
- 2023-08-16 Cinefleur magazine visiting Dutch growers
- 2023-08-11 "It's time to get graphic"
- 2023-08-11 Garden Connect launches a plant database, including photos and descriptions
- 2023-08-09 "Drive sales with frictionless ecommerce experiences"
- 2023-07-21 Flower Council of Holland wants to reach consumers with sustainability-related communication
- 2023-07-06 Trend magazine World of Sprayroses highlights beauty & sales opportunities
- 2023-06-26 ChatGPT was the focus of the Marketeers Meet Up
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity