- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Colombian flower growers explore European market
The eleven participating companies had the chance to visit and get to know relevant companies in their industry. The EXPRO provided the participants with various sector-specific training sessions, including themes such as EU market and industry structure, developments and trends, buying strategies, promotional instruments, preparation for trade fairs, distribution structures and sustainability. Part of the EXPRO training was the visit to a trade fair, International Floriculture Trade Fair (IFTF) in Vijfhuizen. Next to this, various company visits were scheduled, varying from importers and distributors to packing/handling companies and retailers.
They were provided with presentations, among others, by Jeroen Oudheusden (Floriculture Sustainability Initiative 2020) and Martin de la Harpe (Finlays Flowers). Furthermore, they visited the flower auctions FloraHolland in Aalsmeer and in Straelen, Germany. In addition to this, visits were organised to the Dutch Flower Group, Kuehne & Nagel, Adomex, Cultra Aalsmeer, Van Klaveren Plant, Anthura and the Boerma Institute to experience a Hanaike battle. The week ended with a flower tour by Sarah Dikker, Holland’s Best Flower Stylist of 2014.
During the whole week, the companies were accompanied by representatives of CBI partner organisations ProColombia and Asocolflores in order to organise follow-up activities when they get back to Colombia and support the companies when the CBI programme comes to an end. Overall, the companies considered the mission a very interesting week which provided them with useful insights and tools to further develop their strategies for the European market.
For more information:
Mirte Ruesen, Programme Manager
T: +31 (0)88 60 24321
Erik Plaisier, Programme Manager
T: +31 (0)88 60 24378
Arno van der Maden, External Expert
T: +506 88474746 / +31 (0)63040 7662
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 UK: ‘Strong food theme’ reflected in GCA BoT figures for October
- 2023-11-29 India: ‘Floriculture can uplift economy of villagers in Khonoma'
- 2023-11-29 Turkey: Christmas flower exports started to Europe worth $20 mln
- 2023-11-28 The cost of the global ornamental plant trade
- 2023-11-27 Minimum wage hike is quite challenging for UK agri sector
- 2023-11-27 US (CT): Flowers account for almost 25% of state's ag sales
- 2023-11-27 Ethiopia sees USD 169 million in revenues from horti exports
- 2023-11-24 Zimbabwe horticulture targets $1 billion exports
- 2023-11-24 Philippines: Davao’s floriculture advocates for growing income with ornamental plants
- 2023-11-24 Chinese yuan shifts to being second-biggest trade currency
- 2023-11-24 Growers can prepare for stricter European regulations with water sensors
- 2023-11-23 Who produces the most orchids?
- 2023-11-23 European Parliament scraps pesticides proposal Green Deal
- 2023-11-23 Argentina's central bank allows a slight weakening of the peso
- 2023-11-23 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-22 Bangladesh: Blockades, strikes stifling flower market