- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
May 1 -15 2015:
Fire at Dutch orchid grower, new heat resistant begonias, grower minimum price and Mother's Day
Fire at Aardse Orchideeën.
Amazon launches flower-delivery service in time for Mother’s Day
Just before Mother's Day, the online retail giant quietly launched a Big Apple flower-delivery service. Amazon’s Prime Now service is making an assortment of bouquets available for delivery in an hour or less throughout Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn.
New begonias that can "Beat the Heat"
Two new begonia germplasm lines were developed by Agricultural Research Service and collaborating scientists. Since May, these have been available for use in breeding elite varieties of the ornamental crop that can tolerate the heat and humidity of a Gulf Coast summer.
Ubink Nursery to expand with another 5.500 m²
The Dutch Ubink wholesale nursery has been producing cacti and succulents since 1927. They decided on extending their existing greenhouse in Kudelstaart, the Netherlands, by another 5.500 m². The extra space will be used for more growing capacity as well as a work area.
Introduction of grower minimum price for pot Gerbera at FloraHolland
Since 7 May 2015, pot Gerbera growers could set their own minimum price for the clock. This so called grower minimum price gives growers more control over their sales via the clock and it will contribute to an optimal and stable price-setting at the clock.
This month Mother's Day was also celebrated in many counties. So at the growers, the preperations for flower shipments were in full swing at that time. Pink roses and white phaleanopsis seemed to be the trend last Mother's day. This day usually also causes higher prices. The prices of Kenyan roses, for example, increased by 15%.
Dümmen Orange sponsors Dutch Van Gogh Museum
On 11 May 2015, Dümmen Orange signed a five year sponsorship with the Dutch Van Gogh Museum. Expression through art and expression through flowers and plants aligns a fascinating parallel that attests to the emotional value of flowers. Dümmen Orange is supporting the realization of the new entrance, the development of educational products and the execution of the core tasks of the museum with this contribution. Axel Rüger, CEO of the Van Gogh Museum, and Biense Visser, CEO of Dümmen Orange, had a festive toast on the five year contract.
Dutch flower breeder Anthura opens plant in Kocani , Macedonia
In May 2015, the Macedonian Prime Minister said that the Dutch orchid and anthurium breeder Anthura B.V will open a subsidiary in Kocani, Macedonia. They will invest over EUR 6 million and open 300 jobs in the plant for breeding of orchids and ornamental plants for the global market. After launching the plant's construction in late 2013, Anthura already employs 150 people.
Garden rose baptized by Danish Princess Benedikte
The Inner Wheel Forever® garden rose from Danish Rose Breeding company Roses Forever ApS, was baptized by HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark at the 16th International Inner Wheel Convention in Copenhagen May 2015. 2,500 attendees witnessed the event from all around the world.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-12-22 December 2017: Christmas preparations and fires in California
- 2017-12-21 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-20 Photo reports: Proflora, Ontario Greenhouse Conference, IFEX, PMA and WF&WFSA
- 2017-12-19 September 2017: Hurricane Irma disrupts flower industry in US, South America
- 2017-12-18 Kenya's post-election, minimum wage hike Canada, Costa Rican Mother's Day, Chinese Valentine's Day and more
- 2017-12-15 July 2017: Tendence Outdoor Living, Cultivate'17, Hishtil's 10th anniversary in South Africa and more
- 2017-12-14 IFTEX, FlowerTrials, Salon du Végétal, Hortitec and more
- 2017-12-13 Industry in the ban of GM petunia ban and Mother's Day sales results
- 2017-12-12 Iran Green Trade Fair, Hortiflorexpo, orange petunia and more
- 2017-12-11 CAST, new joint venture Benary+, Easter, AstanaFloraExpo and more
- 2017-12-08 Exhibitions, exhibitions and more exhibitions
- 2017-12-07 The first weeks of March 2017: Holiday preparations in full swing
- 2017-12-06 February 2017: Horticontact, MyPlant & Garden and of course... Valentine's Day
- 2017-12-05 Fierce mother nature, company changes and exhibitions
- 2017-12-04 The first few weeks of 2017
- 2017-12-01 Special Year Overview
- 2016-12-23 Christmas sales in full swing
- 2016-12-22 Unrest Royal Van Zanten Uganda, IFTF, FHTF, election Trump and more...
- 2016-12-21 Unrest Ethiopia, cold nights Ecuador, 10th anniversary Fleurizon, expansion Ball Australia and more
- 2016-12-20 Esmeralda farms Ethiopia closes down, new Red Naomi grower in Spain, Exhibitions and more