- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- "It's a niche product that we created ourselves”
- McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- J. Berry Nursery relaxes Hollywood Hibiscus branded container requirements
- Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
Photo Report: International Floriculture and Horticulture Trade Fair
Click here to view the photo report.
Clockwise: Mark Loos of IP Handlers with Piet Segers and Loes Beelen-Segers of IAA Fresh. Stan Muffels of Cyklop and his audience. Micha Danziger of Danziger. Arie van de Wijgert of Komeco was one of the visitors of the IFTF.
The trade show started off with a bang on Wednesday November 4, and immediately showed its international character. On Thursday November 5, more regional entrepreneurs found their way to the trade show, and on Friday November 6 the fair ended in a relaxed atmosphere.
Subjects discussed by the growers included the Valentine's Day troubles: because it's on a Sunday in 2016, entrepreneurs fear declining revenues. Among the international visitors, not only the exchange rates, but also many natural phenomena are cause for fear. Kenyan and Colombian growers fear the consequences of El Niño: rain and early cold could disrupt production. Furthermore, Ecuadorian growers fear the consequences of the possible volcano eruption.
Clockwise from top left: Bart Joosten and John van Eijk of Biobest; Pieter Zwinkels and Raymond van den Berg of SDF; Pierre de Measmaker of FotoCCar; and Lianca de Ruiter of Bercomex
The IFTF provides a stage for producing and trade parties that aren't involved with the auction. Many technological possibilities are also shown at the fair. New this year was the focus on the florist. Under the name "IFTF World of Flowers", the flower shop of the future was on display.
In the coming weeks, more stories about innovations at the trade show will follow. But first the photo report!
View the photo report here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- 2022-11-29 The Bloom Show: blooming down memory lane
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-28 HTA announces 2023 Ornamental Grower of the Year Awards date
- 2022-11-28 NL: Trade Fair Naaldwijk 2023 = Trade Fair Rijswijk in 2023
- 2022-11-28 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-25 Winners of the TASPO Awards 2022
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-23 Presentation of market study on opportunities in Mexican ornamental plants and flowers sector
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 #GivingTuesday supports beautiful flowers in 2023
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-23 Japan: 5 million LEDs make Ashikaga Flower Park a show-stopper
- 2022-11-23 US (TX): Irrigation design workshops set December 13-15 in College Station
- 2022-11-22 US (IA): Noelridge Greenhouse to host tropical-themed holiday event in December
- 2022-11-22 Impression Schoneveld Cyclamen Open Days
- 2022-11-21 A wellness day with horticultural science
- 2022-11-21 Secure your place at the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards 2023
- 2022-11-21 Hillier partners with BBC Gardeners’ World Spring Fair for the third year running
- 2022-11-18 Trade Fair Aalsmeer: a hive of activity