- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants - Italy
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- Mayte Grazia receives own rose: 'The Most Beautiful'
- White LEDs: a cost-effective alternative to red and far-red LEDs
- Van den Bos Flowerbulbs and Penning Freesia join forces
- "Private Equity has Food & Flower sector in its sights"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Canada Blooms chooses Garvinia Sweet as plant of the year
Intensive plant breeding, interspecific hybridization and tissue culture propagation have combined to make the ‘Garvinea Sweets’ a reliable garden performer in the spring, summer and fall with increased disease tolerance, cold tolerance and an excellent re-bloom habit.
Proven locally at the University of Guelph trial garden program during the 2014 and 2015 growing seasons, ‘Garvinea Sweets’ were grown in containers at 2 different sites as well as in 3 different ground bed sites under a wide range of watering and fertilizer regimes. As long as the soil was well-drained, these plants thrived and bloomed continuously from planting time until winter arrived. The flower stem length on the Garvinea is long enough to allow use as a cut flower in the home.
The ‘Garvinea Sweets’ can be bought at Canada Blooms in March 2016. The following ‘Garvinea Sweet’ selections will be available for purchase at Canada Blooms: Sweet Glow (orange), Sweet Heart (pink), Sweet Honey (golden yellow), Sweet Smile (yellow), and Sweet Surprise (pink-violet).
For more information:
7856 Fifth Line South
Milton, ON L9T 2X8
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"
- 2022-04-05 Terra Nova Nurseries Introduces Sneak Peeks of Gaura CONFETTI ‘Pink’ and Echinacea CARA MIA ‘Sands’
- 2022-04-05 "Hydrangeas as a harbinger of spring and enrichment of summer"
- 2022-02-14 "Dahlias: the new symbol of love"
- 2022-02-04 "Historic partnership leads to new focal flower"
- 2022-02-01 "More and more, special features also increase the sales of standard products"
- 2022-01-28 Fleuroselect announces Gold Medal winners for 2023
- 2022-01-28 Ebbing-Lohaus kicks off 2022 with newly bred primroses
- 2021-06-16 "The bud patterns are very beautiful and colorful"
- 2021-05-17 NL: Van Vliet New Plants introduces Hebe Medieval line
- 2021-04-27 Amazonia White with Eye: South Tyrolean plant of the year 2021
- 2021-04-21 AmeriSeed introduces new Marigold
- 2021-04-09 "It is eagerly picked up by the trade"
- 2021-04-01 Hem Genetics presents new genetics in Pansy and Viola series