- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
January 19, 2016, Warwickshire
UK: Advantages of light manipulation subject of grower event
The ‘Manipulating light for horticulture’ event on Tuesday 19 January, is designed to update growers and technical representatives on developments emerging from projects funded by AHDB as well as developments in the international lighting arena.
Access to light, which is fundamental to the production of all crops, has until recent years meant that growers can only rely on what is available. This has been either light received from the sun, or when this is insufficient, such as in the winter, then from lights manufactured for other uses and adapted for plants. ‘Manipulating Light for horticulture’ taking place at the Avon Lounges, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, will highlight how new technology has helped improve access and use of light, including coatings and claddings for structures that alter spectral composition, as well as new lighting such as LEDs.
All delegates will receive a pack of guides developed for growers covering equipment, new learnings and the application of LED technology. Growers in attendance will be the first to receive these guides. This event is free to AHDB Horticulture levy payers and Associates. To register, click here.
An open invitation goes out to suppliers and companies of products related to ‘light technology’ to attend and take a trade stand with a chance to meet and network with interested grower delegates. Trade stands are priced at £300.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 Fresh Park Venlo business club delves into ornamental plant auction and fairs 2.0
- 2022-12-06 "Supermarkets didn't get charged more during corona either, did they?"
- 2022-12-02 AIPH announces finalists for the second Young International Grower of the Year Award
- 2022-12-01 Review of relationship day growers' cooperative Touch Me+
- 2022-11-30 UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- 2022-11-29 The Bloom Show: blooming down memory lane
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-28 HTA announces 2023 Ornamental Grower of the Year Awards date
- 2022-11-28 NL: Trade Fair Naaldwijk 2023 = Trade Fair Rijswijk in 2023
- 2022-11-28 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-25 Winners of the TASPO Awards 2022
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-23 Presentation of market study on opportunities in Mexican ornamental plants and flowers sector
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 #GivingTuesday supports beautiful flowers in 2023
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-23 Japan: 5 million LEDs make Ashikaga Flower Park a show-stopper
- 2022-11-23 US (TX): Irrigation design workshops set December 13-15 in College Station
- 2022-11-22 US (IA): Noelridge Greenhouse to host tropical-themed holiday event in December
- 2022-11-22 Impression Schoneveld Cyclamen Open Days