- China Sales Representative
- Asia Sales Representative
- Category Supply Manager - Sydney or Brisbane (Australia)
- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- New Dümmen Orange CEO on company’s ambitious growth plans
- US: Van Hoekelen Greenhouses purchases 6 acre facility in Florida
- Hortiflorexpo IPM Beijing postponed due to coronavirus
- Sneak Peek California Spring Trials 2020
- Dümmen Orange welcomes new Director Business Development to the Executive Committee
Top 5 -last month
Colombia: Record Valentine's Day flower exports
According to ProColombia, Colombia’s export promotion agency, in 2015, Colombia exported approximately $1 Billion USD in flowers to the US, where 12% of sales were driven by Valentine’s Day. In 2016 sales are expected to be spurred by Colombia’s weak currency, making exports from the country up to 39% less expensive. Over the last 4 years, the flower export trade has shown a steady 4% growth.
According to the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) over 26,000 floral retailers and wholesalers in the United States source 60% of their products from Colombia.
Over 80% of Colombia’s flower exports are purchased by the United States. Other major markets are Japan, Russia, US, and Canada. According to Colombia’s flagship airline, Avianca, it handled Valentine’s Day flower shipments on 155 flights, including charters to Los Angeles and Puerto Rico. Shipments on regularly scheduled flights went to destinations including the Netherlands, Spain, Great Britain, China, Toronto, Aruba, Curaçao, San Salvador, Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, London, Seoul, Peking, Taiwan, Shanghai and Brisbane.
Read more at Finance Colombia
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-25 Bogus market reports abound, but the good stuff is out there
- 2020-02-25 AFE launches Career Center for the floral industry
- 2020-02-24 "New immigration policy could severely impact UK farming sector"
- 2020-02-24 Iran's ornamental flower exports reach $30-40 million
- 2020-02-21 US (HI): Greenhouse construction bill passes third reading in House
- 2020-02-21 "We are faced with the challenge of producing more plants with less people"
- 2020-02-20 US: Early reports point to a strong Valentine’s Day
- 2020-02-20 US (CT): Senator urges USDA to continue to support floral industry
- 2020-02-20 Royal FloraHolland Members' Council meeting focuses on strategy and leading teams
- 2020-02-20 UK: Yodel delivered record number of flowers this Valentine’s Day
- 2020-02-20 How do storms and hurricanes get their names?
- 2020-02-19 The HTA comments on post-Brexit trade barriers
- 2020-02-19 Industry joins together to discuss the challenge of preventing Modern Slavery
- 2020-02-19 India: Sevanthige farmers want relief as warm winter delays yield
- 2020-02-19 UK: NFU concerned about proposed immigration policy
- 2020-02-19 Turkey: Ornamental plants are the champion of overall exports
- 2020-02-18 "Romania’s flower market to grow by 15% this year"
- 2020-02-18 "Three priorities for the HTA are Brexit, immigration and plant health"
- 2020-02-18 US (GA): Georgia Farm Recovery Block Grant Application Guide released
- 2020-02-18 Valentine’s Day brought little profit to Russian flower growers