- Sales Manager
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
- Manager Operations - Gameren, Nederland
- Master Vegetable - Flower Grower
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Colombia: Record Valentine's Day flower exports
According to ProColombia, Colombia’s export promotion agency, in 2015, Colombia exported approximately $1 Billion USD in flowers to the US, where 12% of sales were driven by Valentine’s Day. In 2016 sales are expected to be spurred by Colombia’s weak currency, making exports from the country up to 39% less expensive. Over the last 4 years, the flower export trade has shown a steady 4% growth.
According to the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) over 26,000 floral retailers and wholesalers in the United States source 60% of their products from Colombia.
Over 80% of Colombia’s flower exports are purchased by the United States. Other major markets are Japan, Russia, US, and Canada. According to Colombia’s flagship airline, Avianca, it handled Valentine’s Day flower shipments on 155 flights, including charters to Los Angeles and Puerto Rico. Shipments on regularly scheduled flights went to destinations including the Netherlands, Spain, Great Britain, China, Toronto, Aruba, Curaçao, San Salvador, Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, London, Seoul, Peking, Taiwan, Shanghai and Brisbane.
Read more at Finance Colombia
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-14 India: Commercial floriculture holds huge potential in J&K
- 2019-10-14 Ecuadorian government restores fuel subsidy to stop protests
- 2019-10-11 Update unrest Ecuador: Expoflores declares state of emergency
- 2019-10-11 Brexit: Will the flower industry wilt or bloom?
- 2019-10-11 Turkish ornamental exports set to increase to 125 million USD
- 2019-10-10 Flowers: a new booming superfood
- 2019-10-10 "Pacific floriculture needs official recognition"
- 2019-10-10 "£1.3billion industry is always an 'after thought' in Brexit negotiations"
- 2019-10-10 Countries with similar 'GDP per capita'
- 2019-10-09 US: Imports provide unexpected boost to domestic production
- 2019-10-09 Unrest in Ecuador: Expoflores threatened, Cargo personnel and more farms attacked
- 2019-10-09 US: Greenhouse growers asked to complete water survey
- 2019-10-08 Ecuadorian farms under attack
- 2019-10-08 NL: "Just like in 2018 low summer prices for cut flowers, potted plant exports 'higher than ever'"
- 2019-10-08 Amigo Plant sounds the alarm due to plant passports
- 2019-10-08 Survey to examine UK flower market
- 2019-10-08 Greenhouse water savings survey
- 2019-10-07 Farmers who voted for Brexit may face labour shortages because of this
- 2019-10-07 Poland: New flower hall in Radom
- 2019-10-07 US: Senate Committee backs funding for FNRI, Floriculture Crops Report