- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
"International Horticultural Expos benefit city development"
Taking place on 30 April, just after the opening ceremony of the 2016 Tangshan International Horticultural Exposition, the forum, organised by AIPH in association with the China Flower Association (CFA) and Tangshan Municipal Government, introduced the benefits of hosting such exhibitions and brought together those that have run such Expos in the past, those already preparing Expos for the future and those considering the potential for their own cities and countries.
Forum chairman and Secretary General of AIPH, Tim Briercliffe, told delegates, “When planned and implemented correctly then International Horticultural Exhibitions are able to bring many benefits to the host city and country and the horticultural industry. They are tools for city development, environmental improvement, improving quality of life, understanding cultural diversity, international communication and developing the horticulture industry.”
Opening speeches from Mr. Ding Xiufeng, Mayor of Tangshan, Ms. Liu Hong, Secretary General of CFA and Bernard Oosterom, President of AIPH emphasised the benefits that have been gained by cities in China, and around the world, from hosting an International Horticultural Exhibition. Mr. Xie Guilin, Deputy Secretary General of Tangshan Municipal Government and Secretary General of the Executive Committee of Expo 2016 Tangshan, showed the importance that the government and citizens of Tangshan have attached to their AIPH-approved A2/B1 category Expo which is open until 16 October 2016.
The forum also heard from Mr. Li Fengli, the former Secretary General of the Organising Committee of the 2014 International Horticultural Exposition in Qingdao, China and Mr. Kevin Chung, Chairman of the AIPH Marketing & Exhibitions Committee about the Taipei 2010 Expo in Chinese Taipei. AIPH Expo Consultant, Mr. Sven Stimac, outlined to delegates the success criteria for Expos and how to avoid mistakes and Mr. Li Yangqiu of Doppelmayr Cable Cars outlined the options for utilising cable cars at Expos.
Mr. Lin Lung-chuan reported on progress with the 2018 Taichung World Horticultural Exposition in Chinese Taipei and Mr. Wang Chuncheng reported on progress with the 2019 International Horticultural Exhibition to be held in Beijing, China.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-03 Seed meets Technology visitors 'ready to buy'
- 2023-10-03 Sion Open took place for the first time in Edmonton Canada
- 2023-10-03 CAN: Ontario’s Chrysanthemum show returns to Hamilton this month
- 2023-10-03 Marginpar receives Kaizen-Kam award
- 2023-10-03 AU: Spring expo to showcase native plants in Wallan
- 2023-10-03 India: Initiative in Nagaland to boost floriculture
- 2023-10-02 After-summer drinks at Ridder
- 2023-10-02 Asocolflores celebrated its 50th anniversary
- 2023-09-29 Germany: Tree nursery Lüers to host Winter Fair
- 2023-09-28 Landgard Award for Volker and Dominik Janssen and Leo Berghs-Trienekens
- 2023-09-28 Rio Roses wins 4 ribbons at SAF 2023 Outstanding Varieties Competition
- 2023-09-28 IPM Essen and FDF announce new award for practice-oriented products for floricultural retail
- 2023-09-27 South Korea: The Suncheonman International Garden Expo to be held on April 1
- 2023-09-27 The Giant Company recognizes top performing floral team members
- 2023-09-27 Nominees for the 2023 Dutch Flower Awards announced
- 2023-09-27 National Garden Bureau’s Green Thumb Award now accepting entries