- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Mel Bartholomew, the man who popularized square foot gardening, passes away
Mr. Bartholomew turned to gardening after retiring at 42 from his engineering and construction firm — a New Jersey concern that had worked on several State University of New York campuses — and moving his family to Long Island.
Mel Bartholomew in his square foot garden in Old Field on Long Island. Photo Credit Roger Thurber.
There, frustrated with weeding and watering rows of vegetables in his backyard, he applied his engineering expertise to conceive a densely packed, 12-foot-by-12-foot subdivided plot. It soon captured the imagination of aspiring horticulturists, introduced a bountiful harvest of vegetables into diets around the world, and inspired a public television program and a book that sold an estimated 2.5 million copies.
Click here for the entire article at The New York Times
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-12-01 Heboplant: "Direct bidding increases the number of connections in our network"
- 2023-11-29 How to use AI to support your floral business
- 2023-11-28 Fraunhofer FEP uses Microdisplays to monitor ornamental plants
- 2023-11-23 Effects of growth retardants on dwarfing performance of ornamental flowering plants
- 2023-11-22 How AI-led climate modelling could save millions of dollars
- 2023-11-22 Bosman Van Zaal now official dealer of Elpress
- 2023-11-22 From fragmented IT systems to Agriware 365
- 2023-11-21 What flowers can you grow in a hydroponic system?
- 2023-11-21 Google's GraphCast can predict weather with 'unprecedented accuracy'
- 2023-11-21 $17M for dynamic greenhouse lighting
- 2023-11-21 New cover film integrates fluorescent technology
- 2023-11-17 Enhanced Screen Calculations in software update Hortinergy
- 2023-11-17 100 years of phytopathology at Wageningen: a century of research into plant diseases
- 2023-11-17 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-16 No feed-in costs, and profit with energy optimization