- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
AU: 65 Roses campaign raised over $50,000 for Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic disease, which affects nearly 4,000 children and young adults living in Australia. It is as common as childhood leukaemia, but whereas over 95% of cases of childhood Leukaemia are cured, there is still no cure for CF.
Businesses and volunteers have rallied around the campaign to help raise funds and increase awareness for this disease.
WAFEX, Australia’s leading importer of fresh roses began their relationship with Cystic Fibrosis over eight years ago when former WAFEX Director, Adrian Parsons observed that 65 Roses Day fundraising did not involve fresh roses.
After initiating a number of fundraising activities involving fresh roses, WAFEX now supports all Cystic Fibrosis WA (CFWA) fundraising and events throughout the year, including the donation and supply of fresh roses for 65 Roses Day.
WAFEX National Manager, Daniel Stean says, “We are delighted that we partnered with Cystic Fibrosis WA for 65 Roses Day. It’s an excellent platform to raise funds for an important charity along with bringing the beauty of fresh roses to the general public.”
CFWA CEO, Nigel Barker says, “Our organisation greatly appreciates the strong, ongoing sponsorship from WAFEX that will help us achieve this sum of money.”
Roses for 65 Roses Day were sold by CFWA volunteers at $5 per stem, or $50 for 12 roses, throughout Western Australia.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-09 Cyber resilience across the chain
- 2023-11-06 Colour your Story goes digital
- 2023-10-25 How to appeal to millennials?
- 2023-10-20 That Flower Feeling hosts webinar
- 2023-10-16 Outdoor plants in the spotlight in four consumer magazines in the Netherlands
- 2023-10-12 Alkmaar colored red and white
- 2023-10-02 Cyclamen from Schoneveld Breeding shine in Vatican City
- 2023-09-29 Grandparents' Day: a day full of flowers
- 2023-09-18 Gardening Simplified show celebrates first anniversary with high ratings
- 2023-09-11 'Amistad' wins Best in Show and CalFlowers wins SAF’s Marketer of the Year Award
- 2023-09-01 Thanks Plants campaign exclusively online this year
- 2023-08-25 PDSI's marketing approach sparks 2023 growth among younger generations in engagement and sales
- 2023-08-25 Turkey: 'Carnation export revenues may boom with better marketing"
- 2023-08-16 Cinefleur magazine visiting Dutch growers
- 2023-08-11 "It's time to get graphic"
- 2023-08-11 Garden Connect launches a plant database, including photos and descriptions