- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
Austria: Pest free model plant at Gregor Mendel Institute
The workshop of the GMI built a construction which, together with Valoya's B-series products, provides full mobility and flexibility in adjusting light intensity and uniformity. The lights are used by many researchers for a wide variety of applications at the same time.
Valoya's spectrum AP67 covers all needed wavelengths such as green, blue, red and far-red. The photoactive radiation is 83%. The benches in the GMI's greenhouse were equipped with B-series fixtures as seen in the picture below. Valoya's B-series has the Ingress Protection Rating of 55 (IP-rating). The institute also used Valoya's C-series (IP-rating of 66) with the same spectrum for their shelves. Therefore, Valoya products give not only the right choice of spectrum, but are also very flexible in their models and use.
B-series luminaires at Gregor Mendel Institute Vienna supporting corn trials
The spectrum AP67 is also successfully in use for rose, phalenonopsis, strawberries, wheat and sugar beets in greenhouses outside of the GMI. For the needed light intensities the 3D Simulations will calculate the exact amount of needed luminaires focusing on uniformity and optimum energy efficiency.
For more information:
Valoya Oy, Finland
Tel: +358 10 2350300
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-19 Dutch hydrangea grower happy with new sorting machine
- 2023-09-19 HPNow closes €14M round
- 2023-09-19 Start-up ClimateAi aims should help growers prepare for a more disruptive climate
- 2023-09-19 "Growers want to see where limits lie in screen strategies"
- 2023-09-19 New Crop-Scanner offers improved scouting and advice
- 2023-09-18 Perfume? Yes. Potatoes? No. vertical farming tries to grow up
- 2023-09-15 Updated light control software allows for data-driven decisions
- 2023-09-15 New unit allows on-site carbon capture and reutilization for CEA grower
- 2023-09-15 US (MP): Horticulture learning garden in full bloom at MSU
- 2023-09-14 Wood substrates in floriculture production
- 2023-09-12 How plant roots respond to waterlogging
- 2023-09-08 New dehumidifier created with small-space projects in mind
- 2023-09-08 What to know to operate a successful retail nursery
- 2023-09-07 Vertical flower greenhouse saves energy and increases yield with dehumidification
- 2023-09-07 How automation can address nursery labor shortages
- 2023-09-06 India: "A horticultural sector in its infancy but with enormous potential"
- 2023-09-04 Electric tractor easily does 47,500+ km
- 2023-08-31 NL: Validation trial confirms the feasibility of autonomous control in greenhouses
- 2023-08-30 US (NJ): AeroFarms puts equipment up for auction
- 2023-08-30 Inspired by spider webs, scientists harvest water from air