- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
NL: Assortment on Stage at Plantarium 2016
Four speakers will appear on the main stage at Plantarium. In addition, two speakers will give presentations in the Harry van de Laar selection garden at the Proeftuin van Holland in Boskoop.
Main stage at Plantarium
Pete Kruger, Director of New Products and Licensing at Star Roses and Plants (USA) will get the day off to a good start at 9 am and will be repeating his presentation at noon. In his talk entitled “Plant Breeding Goals in the Future”, Kruger will discuss the opportunities and challenges for breeders and product development in the future. An understanding of and insights into the “green consumer” are crucial here.
Chris Hansen, the owner of Garden Solutions (USA) will be presenting his SunSparkler breeding programme at 10 am and 1 pm. As well as demonstrating how he tests and selects new varieties, he will reveal which types of marketing activities he uses to focus the attention of growers and the retail sector on his novelties.
At 11 am and 2 pm Romeo Sommers, trendwatcher & green stylist by Romeo (NL), will take to the stage.
Harry van de Laar selection garden
Two speakers will give their presentations in the selection garden, which showcases arboricultural products and perennials. Hans Kramer, owner of the nursery De Hessenhof (NL) where everything revolves around plants, will be speaking at 11 am and 1.30 pm. Every year, new varieties are planted out in parent beds which are now bursting with almost 6000 different varieties. The new varieties are assessed with a critical eye and only the best are propagated.
Margareth Hop, breeder and researcher (NL), is an expert in functional planting. At 11.30 am and 2 pm, she will be discussing the measures which gardeners and municipal landscapers can take to promote biodiversity.
The presentations will follow a fixed schedule. In order to attend the presentations, visitors can register in advance via the website www.plantarium.nl (click on Fair and then Assortment on Stage). Participants who register for the presentations at the Proeftuin van Holland can use the shuttle bus which leaves the Plantarium building at 10.30 am and 1 pm.
Assortment on stage is being organised to draw attention to the range in the context of achieving the desired biodiversity. On the one hand, it is intended to convey information to the producer (what is currently happening, what is possible, what is allowed, what must happen) and on the other to the end user along the same lines. Which developments are there, which plants can we expect etc.
Plantarium runs from 24 to 27 August 2016 in the Plantarium building at the International Trade Centre Boskoop-Hazerswoude. You can still register for the fair on www.plantarium.nl.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 India: Colorful success at first Flower Trial event in Pune
- 2023-12-06 Singapore: Flowers that come to life at Gardens by the Bay
- 2023-12-05 4 Benefits of SAF's Next Gen LIVE!
- 2023-12-05 Finalists announced for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards 2024
- 2023-12-04 Singapore: Petunia Itsy Bitsy Mix wins People’s Choice Award at Gardens by the Bay
- 2023-12-01 Syngenta synergy at IPM Essen 2024 with theme ‘Every Flower Counts’
- 2023-12-01 German tree nurseries well represented at Plants4U
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-30 Point of Emotion: Highlights of Christmasworld 2024
- 2023-11-30 New format for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards
- 2023-11-29 Keynote speaker & past-winners panel; a new format for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards
- 2023-11-29 Jet Fresh Flower Growers awarded Social Responsibility Award
- 2023-11-29 Colombia: Second flower market successfully held in the municipality of Cajicá, Cundinamarca
- 2023-11-28 New Zealand: Amateurs ready to host professional growers at National Rose Show in Timaru
- 2023-11-27 Dutch freesia trade benefits from automated selection of freesia bulbs
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey