- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
French growers recover harvest with ErfGoedFloor
The outdoor floor of Jean-Claude Foucard from Orleans was completed in April. Two months later, the whole area was inundated in the aftermath of heavy rainfall. "Under normal conditions, that would have meant a substantial loss. But to my amazement we suffered no crop loss at all. The ErfGoedFloor proved its worth in that sense very quickly. I don't know yet how my fellow growers from this area have fared, but it's clear that there have been severe losses."
The buffer capacity the cultivation floor offers removes the water immediately, filtering through the floor's porous layer. A modern ErfGoedFloor has a capacity of around 40,000 liters per hectare. At that stage, the water can be pumped away to the surface water or the tank at a leisurely pace.
Pot plant grower Luc Guilemain from Crimolois, is very happy that he got ErfGoed's outdoor floor sooner, rather than later. "Given the rainfall we have had in the past two months, I was reckoning with crop loss of at least 15%. That is now 0." Both growers are convinced that this cultivation floor is the solution for many outdoor growing situations. "The unpredictability and intensity of the showers are forcing us to take steps. With the arrival of the ErfGoedFloor we appear to be on the right path."
For more information:
2751 GH Moerkapelle
T +31 (0)79 593 38 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-26 ProCC has become an established name and is now looking beyond
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-25 Waitrose launch two wrap-free bouquets for Valentine’s Day
- 2023-01-25 CBH Group’s Growing Leaders Scholarships alumni ranks gain two more
- 2023-01-25 UK: Squire’s slants a tree for Queen Elizabeth II
- 2023-01-25 US (CT): Agriculture representative Ben Soistman added to BioSafe Systems team