- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NL: Plantarium underway; novelties and stands awarded
As the horticultural entrepreneur of the year, Toon Ebben regards himself as an ambassador for the tree nursery sector. According to Ebben, growers should focus more on what they can do with a product. "Discussion thereon should not just take place behind the scenes, but right in the eye of the public”, says Ebben.
In his opening speech, Plantarium chairman Jan Willem Griep stated that the adaptability and resilience shown by the sector in the recent period has filled him with optimism. After all, these are precisely the qualities which are required in order to be and remain successful in uncertain times and markets. “Uncertainty has become the new normal and more peaceful times are not expected to return any moment soon,” says Griep.
Astilbe 'Chocolate Cherry' (Mighty) voted Best Novelty
Astilbe 'Chocolate Cherry' (Mighty) has been selected as the Best Novelty at Plantarium 2016. The plant was entered by Compass Plants BV from Hillegom. The jury felt that everything was right about this plant. The plant structure is perfect, it is full of leaves in an attractive, dark green colour and also has brown-bronze young leaves. The flowers have an unusual and highly expressive colour and the stems are a nice dark colour.
As well as the best novelty, four other plants were also awarded gold medals by the jury. With regard to Hydrangea macrophylla 'H213901' (Curly Sparkle) by Hydrangea Breeders Association BV from De Kwakel/André van Zoest BV from Reeuwijk, the jury commented: Highly distinctive and unique in terms of flower shape, nicely cultivated in blue and red, attractive colour combination with unopened flowers. Phlox '11-17-1' (On&On White) by Cultivaris GmbH from Heidesheim am Rhein, Germany, was regarded by the jury as innovative in terms of vigour, combined with health, abundant flowering and an attractive flower colour. Salvia nemorosa 'Blue Marvel', which was entered by Florensis BV from Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, was felt by the jury to be innovative in the range and to offer a high level of practical value as a result of the flowers, which are uniquely large for an S. nemorosa. Sedum x Orostachys 'Blue Elf' (Sunsparkler) by Gebr. Th. & W. Alkemade B.V. from Lisse was awarded a gold medal as it is a versatile plant with many different applications and has an attractive plant shape, leaf colour and contrasting flower colour.
Hydrangea macrophylla Three Sisters and Clematis 'Taiga' win Press Award
Clematis 'Taiga' by Joh. Stolwijk & Zonen Boomkwekerijen BV from Boskoop has won the Plantarium Press Award 2016 in the Garden, balcony and patio plants category. In the concepts category, this prize went to Hydrangea macrophylla Three Sisters by De Jong Plant BV from Boskoop and Heinje Pflanzen-Handel GmbH & Co from Edewecht (Germany).
In the Garden Plants category, 6 entries were judged by the jury. Second place went to BrazelBerries - Varieties of Vaccinium corymbosum, entered by De Jong Plant BV from Boskoop in conjunction with Jeddeloh Pflanzen from Edewecht (Germany), and third place went to Rhododendron campanulatum 'Lilly Bell' by Joh. Stolwijk & Zonen Boomkwekerijen BV from Boskoop. There were also 6 entries in the Concepts category. Persica Roses Hugs and Kisses by Boomkwekerij Robert Rijnbeek from Boskoop came second and Tea by me by Special Plant Zundert from Zundert was in third place.
J.G. Cammeraat and Rovero Systems selected as Best Stands
For the second year in a row, the stand by J.G. Cammeraat vof from Boskoop was voted the Best Green Stand at Plantarium 2016 by the jury of the Royal Boskoop Horticultural Society. Rovero Systems B.V. from Raamsdonksveer was awarded this title in the Suppliers category.
The jury made the following comments about the stand by J.G. Cammeraat: “The company really stands out because of the way it ties in with Plantarium's theme of “Show It”. The theme has been implemented in an attractive way, both visually and textually as well as in 3D. The stand is extremely well presented and of high quality, rightly making this stand the winner for the second year in a row”.
Rovero Systems B.V. was selected as the best stand in the Suppliers category. “The message is clear at a single glance. It is clearly conveyed. The stand is colourful but calm at the same time. The arrangement ties in well with the whole and completes the picture”, said the jury. Second place went to Elburg-Smit BV from Sassenheim. This participant has an entertaining, cheerful stand which immediately attracts attention and presents its message with a smile. Third place went to FloraMGB from Papendrecht. This stand really draws people in, conveying a clear message in a small area.
The 34th edition of Plantarium runs from 24 to 27 August 2016 in the Plantarium building at the International Trade Centre Boskoop-Hazerswoude. For further information, please visit www.plantarium.nl.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 US: Webinar - Choosing & scheduling Dianthus
- 2023-01-31 US: Suntory Flowers returns to the Grammy awards
- 2023-01-31 How do flower and vegetable awards influence industry growth?
- 2023-01-27 Randy Riley to present at 62nd American Seed Trade Association: Vegetable and Flower Seed Conference
- 2023-01-27 The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show to take place in March
- 2023-01-27 The Garden Electric is the theme of Philadelphia Flower Show
- 2023-01-26 UK exhibitor group ‘largest yet’ at Fruit Logistica
- 2023-01-25 Webinar: 30 perennials you are missing in 2023 (and why you should grow them)
- 2023-01-25 The consumer goods world is back in Frankfurt: Ambiente, Christmasworld, Creativeworld fully booked
- 2023-01-25 Brookdale Treeland Nurseries, Canada, wins AIPH International Grower of the Year 2023
- 2023-01-25 India: Four-day horticulture and floriculture show about to begin at Kadri Park
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-24 US (FL): Floriexpo heads to Fort Lauderdale for expanded 2023 Edition
- 2023-01-24 Spring Festival 2023: Guangzhou flower boat fair revives age-old tradition
- 2023-01-23 Typical Dutch: National Tulip Day
- 2023-01-23 National Garden Bureau offers expanded marketing tools for each “Year of the” crop
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 The 10th international Exhibition AstanaFlora – green gate to Kazakhstan
- 2023-01-20 The Bloom Show takes a new direction in 2023 with collaboration and connection at its core
- 2023-01-20 Fresh-o-Fair organizes 'International Florists Trip' to Ecuador 2023