- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Drought, wages of concern to Connecticut agricultural businesses
A lack of a coherent immigration policy, efforts to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour and an inability to access adequate water supplies were some of the concerns local members of the Connecticut Greenhouse Growers Association told U.S. Rep. Elizabeth Esty. Esty met with members of the group Wednesday at Michael’s Greenhouses on South Meriden Road.
Susan Pronovost, executive director of the Waterbury-based trade group, said the group arranged the meeting with Esty “because she has been responsive to us it the past.” Ninety percent of the group’s membership grows food as well as bedding plants and decorative flowers, Pronovost said.
Read the complete article here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-26 ProCC has become an established name and is now looking beyond
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-25 Waitrose launch two wrap-free bouquets for Valentine’s Day
- 2023-01-25 CBH Group’s Growing Leaders Scholarships alumni ranks gain two more
- 2023-01-25 UK: Squire’s slants a tree for Queen Elizabeth II
- 2023-01-25 US (CT): Agriculture representative Ben Soistman added to BioSafe Systems team