- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Succesful summer schools at Wageningen Academy
A unique cooperation between different seed companies and the WUR, this summer school is organized for 3th/4th year BSc students, in order to get them familiar with and enthusiastic about the breeding sector. Participants are highly motivated students, as they sacrifice a week of their holidays to participate. The program is a mix between lectures given at the WUR campus and visits to different seed companies, both ornamental and food crop companies. Earlier editions of this summer school showed that participants often indeed choose a career in this sector and a minor or even MSc at the WUR.
This summer school is an invitation to learn from the highly productive and progressive Dutch plant sector. Participants came from all over the world. In two weeks, participants learned everything about protected horticulture and explored important topics such as crop, climate and root zone management in further detail. Lectures at the Campus of Wageningen were combined with practical case work and company visits. As it was a two week course, the “social factor” was just as important, with evening sessions, dinners and a nice barbecue.
This year for the first time organized at the WUR campus. The program is a collaboration between The University of Nottingham and the WUR. In four days, the diverse group of participants, 22 nationalities and half from industry learned everything about the latest imaging techniques in plant phenotyping. During the course there was plenty of time for practical experiments, questions, discussions and social interaction with the teachers from Nottingham, WUR, guest speakers and sponsors.
Next year these summer schools will take place again. Would you like more information about the 2016 edition or summer school programs? Read the full articles at the Wageningen Academy page. Contact information can be found there as well, if you are interested or have questions.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 US: Applications now open for graduate scholarships
- 2023-12-06 Jinning World Horticenter set to make waves in China’s floral industry
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-05 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-05 Metrolina Greenhouses receives GlobalG.A.P. certification
- 2023-12-05 Floramedia Germany GmbH announces a change in management
- 2023-12-05 PanAmerican Seed moves into new facility in Venhuizen, the Netherlands
- 2023-12-05 Mixt Creations introduces 'Limited by Plant Creations'
- 2023-12-05 Dutch flexprovider for horticulture receives recognition
- 2023-12-04 Change in leadership at Parfum Flower Company
- 2023-12-04 Augusto Solano receives recognition from Japanese government
- 2023-12-04 Saverglass becomes part of the Orora Group
- 2023-12-04 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Signify announces new customer-centric organization and structural cost reductions
- 2023-12-01 Rise N' Shine Biotech partners with Hi-Breeding