- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Könst Alstroemeria 70 years
Jubilee celebrated with baptizing new alstroemeria
Henk van der Voorden, Annouk van der Weijden and Hans Konst
On top of that, the guests received a tour behind the scenes. And not only the greenhouse was shown: several employees of the breeding and propagation departments showed what they are doing. How is a new variety being bred? How do you propagate and how do we create a promising commercial variety?
Lesley Scheffers of Van Vliet Flower group was also present at the celebration and took these pictures of the lab and propagation area.
Pictures from the test area, taken by Lesley Scheffers.
Before an alstroemeria variety is propagated in large numbers, they conduct some research on the bloom of the product. During the celebration, the test fields were accessible where new varieties are growing to be assessed. For a period of 2 years, these alstroemeria are observed and the course of growth is noted down. They pay attention to several factors such as the amount of flowers which bloom.
Könst Alstroemeria has been breeding alstroemerias for about 40 years and the seeds are supplied to countries all over the world. In the last decade, they started breeding pot alstroemerias to widen their assortment. Recently, they started breeding zantedeschias.
More pictures of the celebration:
For more information:
Nieuwveens Jaagpad 93
T: +31 (0)172 539 925
F: +31 (0)172 537 144
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-02 California rains highlight inability to capture enough rainwater
- 2023-02-02 A more natural form of artificial lighting with Perfand LED’s pulse technology system
- 2023-02-02 Air-assisted spraying technology for improved horticultural pest control
- 2023-02-02 "The way forward for UK garden centers is British grown, peat-free houseplants"
- 2023-02-02 Lazzeri won three awards for the best poinsettias
- 2023-02-01 Berkvens Greenhouse Mobility and Buitendijk Slaman are joining forces
- 2023-02-01 Svensson & Agculture enter global partnership
- 2023-02-01 TrayC now available in Italy
- 2023-02-01 Fine Americas adds Northeast sales manager
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-01-31 National Wildlife Federation launches Garden for Wildlife, Inc.
- 2023-01-31 Johnny's Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- 2023-01-31 Paper packaging solution now also available as banderole
- 2023-01-30 UK: Squire’s recognizes high standards in garden centres
- 2023-01-30 New bio-based shading agent delivered in powder form
- 2023-01-30 US (GA): Tecogen to launch smart hybrid-drive air-cooled chiller at AHR 2023
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"