- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
NL: Fluwel starts shipping bulbs
Fluwel begins shipping flowerbulbs on or around the 21st of September. They have been doing it this way ever since they started shipping orders. Some people have been very critical about this, as many other flower bulb companies start shipping their bulbs way earlier. This has two reasons.
Firstly, flower bulbs do better if they're planted when the temperature starts to drop. In the Netherlands, this is not until after October/early November. If customers receive their flowerbulbs in July, they tend to either plant them right away, which will cause disappointment and a lower quality in the spring, or they put them away in the shed or the garage and then accidentally forget all about them. It can also be the case that the place people store their flowerbulbs does not offer the right circumstances. This can cause damage to the bulbs. At Fluwel, they will be stored under the best possible circumstances, so the quality will remain optimal.
Secondly, it is possible that at an earlier moment, Fluwel might not have all flowerbulbs in the warehouse. If they started shipping before having received everything, the people with more special orders would have to wait longer than others, or they would have to send specific orders in two parts. This is very inconvenient for them as well as for the customers.
Those two ‘problems’ were both very easily solved with a simple solution: Fluwel starts shipping in autumn. This way, the bulbs are kept in the best possible storage and customers will be able to plant them as soon as they arrive at their doorstep, so any risk of damage or forgetting is erased.
The bulbs ordered before the 21st of September are all shipped in the week of September 21st and will be delivered within two weeks. Flowerbulbs ordered after that date will be shipped within a week, as quickly as possible.
For more information:
Belkmerweg 20 A
1754 GB Burgerbrug
+31 226 42 11 55
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Pasadena Tournament of Roses honors passing of longest-living rose queen Margaret Huntley Main
- 2023-11-29 Rose farms AgroTerraNorte & TerraPacific from Ecuador develop Grupo del Pacifico, LLC. in the United States
- 2023-11-29 JetBlue donates 2M TrueBlue Points to Make-A-Wish
- 2023-11-29 Ronald Moerings Foundation donates €186,100 to AVL Foundation
- 2023-11-29 24 DryGair units regulate the humidity at greenhouse of Dutch rose nursery Rozenkwekerij Van der Hulst
- 2023-11-29 40 types of Ecuadorian grown flowers at one place
- 2023-11-28 US (NB): USDA facility at Innovation Campus will start construction next year
- 2023-11-27 Former AIPH President Robert Mathis dies at 95
- 2023-11-27 Acuity to acquire Arize family of horti lighting from Current
- 2023-11-27 OZ-Hami and chain partners raise money for Pink Ribbon
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-24 Huib Kranendonk new CEO Royal Lemkes
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-24 Six former Celtic Refrigeration employees start at Airclima
- 2023-11-23 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together