- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Efficiently heating your greenhouse
Heating operates when the temperatures appear to be below the required limit. Normally, the best and most adopted solution is the indirect air heater which runs on natural gas, LPG or diesel.
The amount of heat required depends not only on the type of crop, but also upon the amount of heat loss from the structure. It usually occurs by all three modes of heat transfer: conduction, convection and radiation. Furthermore, other factors may affect or influence the heat loss such as the age condition of the greenhouse and the ventilation system adopted.
After checking all of these fundamental conditions for the optimal management of the environment, the best solution recommended to heat your greenhouse, according to Termotecnica Pericoli, is still combiTERM: the indirect air heater whose main characteristic is its application versatility. "The unique stainless steel combustion chamber guarantees an efficient heat exchange between the exhaust smoke and the clean air released in the surrounding environment," according to the company.
"CombiTERM guarantees outstanding performances and keeps the humidity levels controlled, thus avoiding all the problems linked with such phenomena as fungal diseases, high incidence of Botrytis and water dripping off the roof and the wall.
"CombiTERM is a made in Italy product totally designed and manufactured by Pericoli Group which, for nearly 50 years, has been considering heating in protected environments one of its core business.
"The product is designed to fit any installation thanks to the variety of accessories and removable elements that make it extremely versatile. The innovative design of the wall-housing assures easy handling, transport and installation."
For more information:
Termotecnica Pericoli S.r.l.
Regione Rapalline 44
17031 Albenga (Sv) – Italy
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 US (NC): Bringing people and plants together: A tour of the Duke Greenhouse
- 2023-01-19 Sculptural greenhouse opens up into a crown
- 2023-01-18 Winter tunnel temperature management
- 2023-01-13 Improving plant production efficiency in controlled environments
- 2023-01-12 US (MI): Keit's Greenhouse in Bay City closing after 167 years of business
- 2023-01-09 Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 2023-01-09 US (PA): Beloved greenhouse shuts its doors after 50 years in business
- 2023-01-05 AR glass easy to clean, researchers conclude
- 2023-01-04 Türkiye: A “Smart Garden” system has been developed to grow 105 different plants without soil or sunlight
- 2023-01-03 Happy new year! LED lights instead of fireworks
- 2022-12-23 Ranking greenhouse floors, what is the best for your plants?
- 2022-12-20 Florists kept the prices at the same level for Teacher’s Day in Türkiye
- 2022-12-15 New chairman of Turkish greenhouse association looks ahead with roadmap
- 2022-12-12 Why retro-fitting new materials in a glasshouse can reduce energy use and costs
- 2022-12-08 Arboretum installs quarantine house and filtered rainwater system to further sustainability efforts
- 2022-12-05 US (KY): Hendon's Garden Center grows year-round with a Growspan greenhouse
- 2022-12-01 Understanding basic principles of lighting and its effect on flower crops
- 2022-11-30 India: Krishnagiri growers are discovering the benefits of CEA
- 2022-11-23 $8 million year-round greenhouse proposed for Wanderers Grounds
- 2022-11-22 Make an offer! Greenhouse Floriade Almere for sale