- Avocados Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Commercial Manager/Trader for Flowers - Holland
- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Process / Application Engineer - Water Treatment
- Sales agents / representatives
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- UK garden centres expected to reopen from 13 May
- "Flower industry is picking up quite quickly, with peak in online sales"
- Kenyan growers looking to broaden transportation horizons
- New collection of field bouquets enters the US market
- Kenya: Van Den Berg Roses' dealing with floods due to heavy rainfall
US (WV): Organic growers earn plenty, but where's the local demand?
Yet Inwood, W.Va.-area farm owners Haroun Hallack and his wife, Clarissa Mathews, said they primarily sell their produce and flowers at Washington, D.C.-area farm markets because the demand for organic products simply isn't strong enough closer to home.
"That's what we wanted to do ... but you have to stay in business," Mathews said Tuesday.
The lack of demand also prompted the couple to discontinue its Community Supported Agriculture program in the Hagerstown and Martinsburg areas, where customers once received multiple varieties of organic produce during the growing season.
"We would never make it if we marketed locally," Mathews said.
Read more at heraldmailmedia.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-03-10 Designing resilient organic greenhouse production systems for Europe
- 2019-12-18 Ellepot introducing new paper for organic production
- 2019-05-17 Iberflora Labs: The new space of innovation and research for Iberflora
- 2019-04-19 UK: Is our love affair with begonias and marigolds costing the earth?
- 2019-03-27 US: Efficacy of biochemical biopesticides that may be used in organic farming
- 2019-03-13 UK: New support service launched to help farmers considering organic
- 2019-02-04 How to grow flowers organically
- 2018-10-10 "Growing organic not always feasible"
- 2018-07-16 UK: Organic grower on an environmental mission
- 2018-07-06 “The missing link in the organic production“
- 2018-06-26 US (PA): LED improves production and plant quality in organic greenhouse
- 2018-04-11 Transforming St Lucia’s floriculture industry
- 2017-10-23 To dig, or not to dig?
- 2017-05-18 Ellepot introduces paper for organic plant propagation
- 2017-03-13 UK: Organic flowers blossom into spring
- 2017-02-22 UK: Organic Blooms becomes certified organic
- 2017-02-01 Ireland: Organic grower compares edible flowers with slow food
- 2017-01-06 US (MD): Bell Nursery sustainability efforts recognized
- 2016-12-05 "Resilient cultivation is not solving problems"
- 2016-10-04 Tanzania: Flower growers turn to organic farming