- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
Martijn Meskers to leave Royal FloraHolland
In mid-August FloraHolland made an internal announcement that due to an organisational restructuring of the cooperative the post of Concern Manager Finance would become obsolete given the overlap with the CFO position in the MT.
Martijn: "Unfortunately, but I believe my decision to leave Royal FloraHolland is the right one for me. I've enjoyed my time here, but now look forward to a new and exciting challenge beyond the cooperation, even though, now the decision has been made it seems strange to be leaving Royal FloraHolland."
Lucas Vos (CEO): "We tried everything possible to find a suitable alternative for Martijn, but without success. Which for me is very disappointing as an employer, because not only are we losing Martijn's invaluable knowledge and experience but we are also losing Martijn as a person. I greatly appreciate Martijn for his ability to connect with our members and his considerable listening skills. I will certainly miss his creative solutions and charming personality."
Proud of trust
Martijn continued: "There have been highs and lows in the past fourteen years. What I am especially happy with and proud of is that we have managed to win back some of the trust from our members and buyers, by changing the articles of association, the new financing structure and the improvement of the balance by selling property and stakes. That was a complex and important change which improved not only the cooperative's situation but that of the members as well."
"Over the past few years I have worked together with the team from the Finance Department to develop it into the self-sufficient and professional department that it now is. I am delighted to see that the team has continued working on these improvements. The energy comes from the people themselves, which is fantastic. I am very grateful to our members, their buyers and my colleagues for the trust they placed in me to carry out these radical changes. That trust means a lot to me, and supported me in giving 100% of myself to this unique cooperative, which we can justly be proud of! I wish Royal FloraHolland every success with the realisation of the 2020 strategy."
Martijn will be focussing on the Cooperative 2020 programme and the transfer of ongoing projects until the end of 2016. Martijn will say goodbye in mid-December.
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 US (FL): 72.2-acre nursery up for auction
- 2023-09-28 Italy: Greenhouses devastated by hurricane, 8,000 cyclamens to be saved
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Pymwymic and Horticoop invest in Vivent
- 2023-09-28 VHC takes over WICO Flowers nursery and grows to 24.5 ha santini production
- 2023-09-28 Royal FloraHolland signs letter of intent for Safe Enterprise quality mark
- 2023-09-27 Garden Media Group celebrates 35 years in business
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Managing Director of The Bransford Webbs Plant Company to retire
- 2023-09-27 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-26 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-26 American Floral Endowment appoints new officers
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-26 Three Stimuflori board members say goodbye
- 2023-09-26 Sandra Bechtholt new Keukenhof director
- 2023-09-26 Jon Smits new board member Billigblomst in Denmark
- 2023-09-26 Beekenkamp Group celebrates 1-year anniversary of 'Be Beekenkamp'
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations