- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
US: SAF prompts nation to Petal It Forward
Capitalizing on the popular “pay-it forward” initiatives and random acts of kindness, the Society of American Florists’ flower street team of enthusiastic “happiness ambassadors,” including employees from Starbright Floral Design in New York City, hit the streets of midtown Manhattan with 4,400 bouquets to surprise busy commuters with flowers and provide them with two bouquets — one to keep and one to “Petal It Forward” to a friend, loved one, co-worker or even a complete stranger.
“It was an incredible morning illustrating the Rutgers University research that flowers create true delight and enjoyment,” said Jennifer Sparks, SAF’s vice president of marketing. “As much as people were thrilled to get flowers, being able to experience giving flowers to someone else, excited them even more.”
Sparks added that this plays out the statistics from SAF’s 2015 omnibus research, which showed that while 80 percent of people said flowers make them happy, even more, 88 percent said that giving flowers makes them happy.
Spreading the positive message about flowers, through the unique strategy behind the “keep one, give one” giveaway, as well as generating traditional news coverage and social media buzz, is the goal of SAF’s Petal It Forward campaign. SAF’s ‘happiness ambassadors’ encouraged bouquet recipients to share their experiences on social media with the hashtag #petalitforward, and SAF is sharing photos on its consumer channels including Instagram @about_flowers, Twitter @flowerfactor, Facebook @aboutflowers. Thanks to funding from Asocolflores, SAF is implementing a strategic social media plan on all of SAF’s consumer channels, with paid promoted posts on Facebook and Instagram to take the Petal It Forward message viral, reaching far beyond the recipients of today’s flowers.
SAF’s New York City event headlined a nationwide effort that included 256 local Petal It Forward events in more than 225 cities in all 50 states on Oct. 19.
Read more at safnow.org
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-18 Gardening Simplified show celebrates first anniversary with high ratings
- 2023-09-11 'Amistad' wins Best in Show and CalFlowers wins SAF’s Marketer of the Year Award
- 2023-09-01 Thanks Plants campaign exclusively online this year
- 2023-08-25 PDSI's marketing approach sparks 2023 growth among younger generations in engagement and sales
- 2023-08-25 Turkey: 'Carnation export revenues may boom with better marketing"
- 2023-08-16 Cinefleur magazine visiting Dutch growers
- 2023-08-11 "It's time to get graphic"
- 2023-08-11 Garden Connect launches a plant database, including photos and descriptions
- 2023-08-09 "Drive sales with frictionless ecommerce experiences"
- 2023-07-21 Flower Council of Holland wants to reach consumers with sustainability-related communication
- 2023-07-06 Trend magazine World of Sprayroses highlights beauty & sales opportunities
- 2023-06-26 ChatGPT was the focus of the Marketeers Meet Up
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity