- Sales Manager, US
- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
UK: Chalcroft builds new MM Flowers facility
MMUK is part of the global AMC Group, which has centres across the USA, Canada, South Africa, Spain and Chile, and works with growers across 20 countries worldwide to provide year round integrated tree to table products for fruit, juice and ice creams. MM Flowers is the UK’s leading, vertically integrated cut flowers specialist, supplying major UK and European retailers.
Currently based in two separate buildings in Chatteris, the relocation to Alconbury Weald will enable the businesses to bring together Flowers and Grape teams into a modern, purpose built facility, creating one of the largest fresh produce facilities in the UK.
The contemporary design includes a three storey office, storage and processing areas, loading docks and associated external works and landscaping. The vast supporting structure uses approximately 1,680 tonnes of British steel from Scunthorpe. The 15m high building is then clad in the latest insulated panels, delivering the industry’s highest thermal performance, superior fire protection and enhanced environmental credentials. Three state-of-the-art chillers will be installed, that will deliver an efficiency that is 71% higher than the European Eco-Design Directive requirement. The building also features energy efficient air handling and LED lighting throughout.
Paul Morley, Chalcroft Managing Director, said “We are delighted to be working with MM Flowers and MMUK on the new development at Alconbury Weald and proud to be a part of their future expansion. A construction project of this magnitude requires specialist expertise in order to ensure the building meets the specific needs of the client. Drawing on our 37 years of experience in temperature controlled processing environments, we were able to clearly map out a design that meets the required operational demands and provides opportunities for further growth.”
Richard Brannam, Operations Director at MM Flowers, added “At the early stages, Chalcroft listened to our objectives and specific requirements for the building, and were able to offer suitable advice. It was important to use a contractor who has experience in bespoke commercial construction projects. We are looking forward to utilising the new facility early next year and are pleased to be working with Chalcroft on this project.”
Integrated Food Projects are managing the project on behalf of the client, along with architects, Campus Park and engineers, Peter Brett Associates.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-03 Limex celebrates 30-year anniversary with open day
- 2023-10-03 Growtec opens North American office
- 2023-10-03 Rose and Rose rootstock culture groups pull together
- 2023-10-03 Jack Maruna joins Stuppy Greenhouses as regional sales manager
- 2023-10-03 DeVry Greenhouses joins ThinkPlants perennial young plant network
- 2023-10-03 Komet Sales acquires Unosof to expand capabilities in the cultivation segment
- 2023-10-03 CAN (ON): The party is on at the inauguration of Van der Ende's new office in Kingsville
- 2023-10-02 "Looking to open our North American operations early next year"
- 2023-10-02 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 AltaNova Sales splits into two companies
- 2023-09-29 Dümmen Orange welcomes new North American Product Manager for potted crops
- 2023-09-29 The American Floral Endowment becomes newest member of the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative
- 2023-09-29 East African Magical Farms to expand carnation production hub in Kenya
- 2023-09-29 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 Italy: Greenhouses devastated by hurricane, 8,000 cyclamens to be saved
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"