- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Specialist Kwekersrecht en Merkenrecht
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
- "This strategic partner powerfully strengthens our logistics capability"
- Rare plants accidentally sold at Lidl and B&Q being listed online for thousands
- Syngenta Crop Protection acquires two bioinsecticides from UK developer
- PanAmerican Seed continues charitable give-back
- CAN: Trucker shortages increase
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Third edition of IFTF World of Flowers welcomes more florists
Co-operation of Florint, Flower Lab and companies
Central in this edition has been the inspirational and floral world of 500 m2 in the new hall of the International Floriculture and International Trade Fair (IFTF) in the Expo Haarlemmermeer. In this world florists and other visitors got to learn about the world of the Millennial in the Flower Lab. Through a visual tour, theme displays and demonstrations by the florists present, a connection between theory and practice has been made. Meeting the companies and Florint was often followed by a visit to the Royal FloraHolland Trade Fair or one of the open houses during the week.
The following sponsors have contributed to this edition of the IFTF World of Flowers: Smithers Oasis, Florismart, HPP, Bloomtube, Chrysal, Vanad, Bloomy Pro, Ai2, Strelitzia Software, Barendsen, Fidrio, Jodeco Glass, Your Lily, Queens Flowers, Marginpar, Arendshoeve, Verhagen Transport, Mobach, Adomex, Agricola el Cactus, Holla Roses, Andromeda, Bouman Anthurium, Simply Calla, Hein van Hemert, Benefits of Nature, Floramedia, Royal van Zanten, Special Orchids, van der Lugt Lisianthus, Vreeken Bouvardia, Vannova, Winco, Alflora, Lehner Wolle, Favicon, Coloured by Gerbera, Let it Grow, Kenia smallholders, van der Plas, Schoneveld Breeding, Parfum Flower Company, VGB, Athi Gravity (Kenia), Saruwo Self Help Group (Kenia), Mustafa Flora (Kenia), Munyu Floriculture Ltd (Kenia), Tegmak (Kenia), Kimakis (Kenia) en Wackx.
Wim Hazelaar Trophy
12 candidates, 7 assignments and 2 days’ competition. The first edition of the new Wim Hazelaar Trophy has been a success. Many IFTF visitors came to the competition and many pictures have been taken of the arrangements made by the competitors.
Karin Pasman received the Mobach Wim Hazelaar Trophy, the price of €250, made possible by Smithers Oasis and the Bloomtube video prize. Competitors, Jury and Ruud Hazelaar were unanimous: the competition should have a new edition in 2017.
Communicating with the future
The IFTF welcomed 200 children (11-12 years old) during the fair. Next to a tour through the World of Flowers, where they were welcomed by the florists Michael van Namen, Dini Holtrop and Lily Beelen, they entered in to a Dialogue with each other and the sector.
Central topic during these dialogues was the connection between the sector and the future. All students were unanimous in their opinion: the floricultural sector can create a lot of interest with children. The first step was to welcome them to the fair. Furthermore, very welcome suggestions were given by the children, which will be taken further by the organization of the World of Flowers.
Fourth edition of IFTF World of Flowers?
The experience in 2016 gives many options to Green Team Consultancy+ and its sponsors to organize a fourth edition. Next year the IFTF will be organized from the 8th till the 10th of November, which gives the florist a better chance to visit, as this is a better period with All Saints being out of the way.
The second edition of the Wim Hazelaar Trophy will be organized and on the 9th of December 2016 a follow-up will be giving to the youth Dialogue, when a meeting is organized in the Circular Expo together with the Missing Chapter Foundation.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Agronomy and Horticulture seminar series begins in February
- 2022-01-25 Research on urban gardening (RUG) 2022 virtual field day
- 2022-01-24 Webinar about special Collaboration on IPM in the Chrysanthemum Sector
- 2022-01-24 New Gold Medals to be revealed via Livestream
- 2022-01-24 Provender Nurseries and Capel Manor College reveal garden design competition winner
- 2022-01-24 UK: Defra urged to respect levy vote result
- 2022-01-21 US (FL): TPIE is coming to an end
- 2022-01-20 Penn State Extension hosts greenhouse growers day
- 2022-01-20 Extension classes teach green industry topics to become nursery worker certified
- 2022-01-20 Saudi city dwellers get back to nature on Riyadh floriculture tour
- 2022-01-18 US (FL): TPIE is about to take off
- 2022-01-18 UK: Horticulture, The conference - save the date
- 2022-01-14 A virtual, open discussion about the Floral Marketing & Promotion Order
- 2022-01-14 Upcoming Webinar – Priva's BioLogics for Plant Growth
- 2022-01-13 HortEx Vietnam rescheduled to 1 – 3 March 2023
- 2022-01-13 New partnership to increase skills and talent in Canada’s agrifood sector
- 2022-01-12 Eden Project will be setting for Sky Arts competition
- 2022-01-12 TPIE is happening in person
- 2022-01-12 Rose Parade: FTD decorates vintage cars with 8,000 flower stems
- 2022-01-12 World Expo 2020 Dubai highlights Dutch horticulture technique