- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
- Regional supply chain strategy of Dümmen Orange takes shape
- Dutch nursery literally starts over after snowstorm
- “As an industry, we need to bring the message that people can improve their life with flowers”
- Dutch startup Thermeleon heats greenhouses with thermal battery
- Australia: Flower Power digs up $500m private equity buyout
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Two Dutch chrysanthemum growers start with Next Generation Growing
Two years ago, the greenhouse of Uffelen was designed and built by Technokas. The Chrysanthemum nursery is therefore, to a certain degree, already prepared for the arrival of the climate installation which is necessary for achieving Next Generation Growing. The installation at Arcadia will be realised in a new project for replacing and expansion of the existing location. The installation will suck in dry air through the apex, possibly mix it with greenhouse air and if required adds, on spot, additional heat to achieve the indoor temperature. Afterwards, it will be spread through transparent tubes over the cultivation departments.
Portals in the apex
The air handling units can be fitted in portals in the apex that have been installed for that purpose. In the greenhouses the necessary distribution pipes and mix groups for the heating units are being installed. The installations for the sprinkling and lighting are designed so that the hoses for air distribution can be placed above the crop and will not have a negative effect on the jet of conditioned air from the holes in the tube. Additionally, the greenhouses will be equipped with a second energy screen.
Long Term testing
Arcadia and Van Uffelen chose for the climate installation in response to the obtained results at another location of Arcadia. Wageningen UR, Kas als Energiebron, DLV, Deliflor and other chrysanthemum growers tested this installation for a long period. Also other crops with a climate installation of Technokas achieved positive results in controllability of the climate criteria and energy conservation during long term testing.
Conserving energy and a better climate
With the installation of Technokas the growers expect to regulate the climate in a cultivation department even better in terms of temperature distribution and relative air humidity. The growers expect - in combination with the energy screens - to save 15 to 30 percent in energy. In addition, they expect that the technique will enhance the quality of the chrysanthemums.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-19 Regional supply chain strategy of Dümmen Orange takes shape
- 2022-01-18 Ecuador: "We accomplished our goal of raising $75,000 for Forever Flowers 2"
- 2022-01-13 How to make sure greenhouse heater doesn't go to waste
- 2022-01-10 Turkey: Joint company awarded as the biggest cut flower exporter
- 2022-01-05 India: Polyhouse for floriculture comes up in EKH village
- 2022-01-05 Some of ‘oldest and rarest camellias’ discovered in derelict glasshouse in Yorkshire
- 2022-01-03 Cut roses are blooming in Chinese greenhouse
- 2021-12-24 Iran presents data on national horticultural industry
- 2021-12-22 "Now, we have a high-quality greenhouse we can be proud of"
- 2021-12-22 Switching from hot to cold cultivation? Consider the strength of the greenhouse
- 2021-12-20 US: Yakima County Master Gardeners educate year-round with Growspan greenhouse
- 2021-12-20 Six greenhouse builders with sublicense to build semi-closed greenhouse
- 2021-12-20 NL: Forever Plants Group starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2021-12-15 CAN (ON): Glazing finished at Hendriks Greenhouses
- 2021-12-13 Mediterranean greenhouses and the benefits of Industry 4.0
- 2021-12-10 China: Bench system in orchid greenhouse for efficient cultivation
- 2021-12-10 CO2 Gro builds CO2 solution in Colombian rose greenhouse
- 2021-12-08 Cuyamaca College shows off its new ornamental horticulture complex
- 2021-12-08 These Dutch companies give sandwich panels a second lease on life
- 2021-12-07 "Chinese industry changed from small-scale individual farmers to large-scale parks"