- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
UK: Organic flowers blossom into spring
This early springing into life can be deceptive though – the young tunnel-raised plants are still tender.
Last week Organic Blooms performed one of their annual rituals that marks the onset of spring – waking up the dahlias. Each autumn they dig up the tubers, lay them out in a polytunnel to dry, shake off the soil and loosely pack them in straw-filled bread crates to hibernate. Last week they gently woke them, dusting them off, removing any rot – in spite of good airflow they always suffer a handful of rotten tubers – splitting the sizeable ones and potting them up.
Read more at Organic Blooms
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-17 Iberflora Labs: The new space of innovation and research for Iberflora
- 2019-04-19 UK: Is our love affair with begonias and marigolds costing the earth?
- 2019-03-27 US: Efficacy of biochemical biopesticides that may be used in organic farming
- 2019-03-13 UK: New support service launched to help farmers considering organic
- 2019-02-04 How to grow flowers organically
- 2018-10-10 "Growing organic not always feasible"
- 2018-07-16 UK: Organic grower on an environmental mission
- 2018-07-06 “The missing link in the organic production“
- 2018-06-26 US (PA): LED improves production and plant quality in organic greenhouse
- 2018-04-11 Transforming St Lucia’s floriculture industry
- 2017-10-23 To dig, or not to dig?
- 2017-05-18 Ellepot introduces paper for organic plant propagation
- 2017-03-13 UK: Organic flowers blossom into spring
- 2017-02-22 UK: Organic Blooms becomes certified organic
- 2017-02-01 Ireland: Organic grower compares edible flowers with slow food
- 2017-01-06 US (MD): Bell Nursery sustainability efforts recognized
- 2016-12-05 "Resilient cultivation is not solving problems"
- 2016-10-04 Tanzania: Flower growers turn to organic farming
- 2016-10-03 US (WV): Organic growers earn plenty, but where's the local demand?
- 2016-07-13 What is the environmental impact of the Dutch flowerbulb sector?