- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- US (WA): After 48 years of brightening area gardens, Roozen’s Nursery has closed
- "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- Flower distributor plans to build facility in Port St. Lucie and create 210 jobs
- US (OH): Ready for Cultivate'22?
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Image processing in floriculture using a robotic mobile platform
Computer vision is based on image processing, method used for identifying environment objects and making decisions about their behavior. The main tasks of the vision system are detecting, segmenting and recognizing patterns, integrating systems of digital image capture, input-output devices and computer networks.
The image processing in real time using artificial vision systems applied in floriculture is mainly focused on the use of techniques and methods to obtain, process and analyze the information provided by the images of different types of flowers to export. In this case, fulfilling the goal of quality inspection system checks the compliance of a flower with certain characteristics in their appearance, such as size, uniformity of color, brightness, etc.
A new research article develops a monitoring system for floriculture industries. The system was implemented in a robotic platform. This device has the ability to be programmed in different programming languages. The robot takes the necessary environment information from its camera. The algorithm of the monitoring system was developed with the image processing toolbox on Matlab. The implemented algorithm acquires images through its camera, it performs a pre-processing of the image, noise filter, enhancing of the color and adjusting the dimension in order to increase processing speed. Then, the image is segmented by color and with the binarized version of the image using morphological operations (erosion and dilation), extract relevant features such as centroid, perimeter and area. The data obtained from the image processing helps the robot with the automatic identification of objectives, orientation and move towards them. Also, the results generate a diagnostic quality of each object scanned.
Access the full study at Cornell University
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-17 45 Havatec Twisters already put to work
- 2022-06-15 "Cleaning machine reduces need for expensive algae control chemicals"
- 2022-06-07 Refurbished bucket, tray and crate washers: the budget-friendly, sustainable alternative
- 2022-05-26 Bangladesh: NBR raises duty on fruits, flowers imports
- 2022-05-18 New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- 2022-05-03 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 The new Mayer potting machines TM 2432E and TM 2432D
- 2022-03-24 Mayer's new powder coating line
- 2022-03-04 Mayer presents: the new potting machine TM 2432D
- 2022-02-23 Fast and efficient strapping of flower boxes with strapping machines
- 2022-02-15 Farm labor shortage continues - despite surge of working holiday visa applications
- 2022-01-04 NL: On the way to fully automated bouquet processing
- 2021-12-06 NL: Installing a conveyor belt system to increase efficiency
- 2021-11-25 Robot helps researchers to measure plant growth
- 2021-11-23 SIPCO Innovations increases production capacity by 5 times
- 2021-11-22 “Automated selection of cut hydrangeas takes away grower’s challenges”
- 2021-11-19 No more emissions in the greenhouse thanks to electric crop rotation
- 2021-11-19 Robots on the march
- 2021-11-18 New irrigation unit to be released on GrowTech Antalya
- 2021-11-15 When will we see fleets of robots working in the fields?