- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- Nanobubble tech improves root health and vitality of Gerbera Daisies
- Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Serbian grower expands garden rose acreage to 30ha
According to Jovanovic, the demand for rose seedlings is continuously increasing. "Since we established the farm 20 years ago, we increased in size every year. Roses are being used for more purposes nowadays. Next to its decorative purpose, it is also used for medicinal, nutritional properties and is being used for tea, jam, sweets or flavoring food." This year Aleksandar International will produce around 800,000 rose seedlings, and their plan is to reach a production of one million seedlings of roses by next year.
Aleksandar International is located in Trstenik, which is a region that is known for its rose production. "Rose production in our region is transmitted form generation to generation." For this reason it is important to diversify the company from the competition. "In this area, you can only become successful when you improve your knowledge and production." For this reason, they decided to invest in several irrigation techniques. "All areas where plants grow we irrigate, and as the first in Serbia in 2010 we started to use a FOG system."
From supplying the local market only to exporting the majority of their roses. Over the last 20 years, Aleksandar International expanded its markets and is now exporting about 70 percent of its rose seedlings to countries like Italy, Poland, Russia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and more. "Now, only 30% of the roses are being sold on the domestic market."
Jovanovic produces many varieties of columnar roses, English roses, bushy roses, ground cover roses, mini roses, shrub roses, climbing roses and tea hybrids. "In total, we have 70 varieties", says Jovanovic. The material they produce are packed according to the wishes of the shops in the countries where we export to. "And before packing the rose, we put every rose in paraffin wax and we wrap the roots in sawdust under foil. In this way, the roses can stay on the shelf for up to five months."
Today Aleksandar International is producing around 100 hectares of ornamental plants and fruit plants. They produce about 400,000 evergreen and ornamental shrubs (Thuja Smaragd, Elwoody, Golden and so on). Besides the production of roses, fruit trees and ornamental plants, nursery Aleksandar International is engaged in designing and planting areas, and their commitment to the profession and the creativity of our experts demonstrated at numerous locations in the country, creating a more beautiful and more comfortable environment for many companies and our business partners.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."
- 2022-05-05 Vista florist Dos Gringos finds a place in the sun