- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Wyevale Nurseries host NFU Open Day
NFU Policy Adviser, Clare Greener, and The Farmer journalist, Ian Howie, joined the tour, as well as more than 30 attendees from Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire.
(From left to right) Ray Jenkins, Production Director of the Transplant Division at Wyevale Nurseries, Clare Greener, Herefordshire NFU Policy Adviser and Steve Ashworth, Director at Wyevale Nurseries at the NFU Open Day.
Steve Ashworth, Director at Wyevale Nurseries, said: “The Open Day was a great success and enjoyed by all that attended. The dramatic change in weather failed to dampen anyone’s spirits as they were taken on a tractor tour, which was a unique, yet authentic, way to view the site and it enhanced the overall experience.”
“Ray Jenkins, Production Director of the Transplant Division, and I gave a number of talks during the tour, aided by our Farm Manager, Adrian Cituran. We discussed the various ways that we work to conserve the environment, as well as how the crops are grown on rotation and where our seeds are sourced.”
“Many of the visitors demonstrated a keen interest in plant growing, asking a variety of thoughtful and interesting questions. More opportunities for questions and discussions were provided during refreshments breaks before and after the tour. Locally sourced products were used for the buffet lunch, which was kindly organised by our Transplants Division Sales Administrator, Jules Griffiths.”
“The visitors thoroughly enjoyed the Open Day, with one potential customer stating the importance of plant growing, especially for future generations.”
Patrick Wrixon, Herefordshire NFU Chairman, gave a speech at the end of the event, thanking Wyevale Nurseries for hosting the day.
Laurence McCurrich from New Farm in Rushock, Droitwich, added: “The Open Day was well organised with the trailer rides and very helpful staff on hand. The quality of the plants and lack of weeds was impressive. We also appreciated Wyevale Nurseries’ explanation of the selection and shipping processes and how it manages the staff involved. We would like to say ‘thank you’ for the interesting visit.”
For more information:
Tel: 01432 845200
Fax: 01432 845227
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"