- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
CAN (ON): Westbrook Group of Companies is reorganizing
"Our industry is changing significantly in response to new consumer buying patterns, including on-line buying, international trade issues and cost increases", said the Group Chair of the Board, PJ Vermeer.
Operational changes include growth in Vancouver, Montreal and Mississauga (Toronto) to support the Cut Flowers product segment.
The current Beamsville greenhouse locations will continue to grow and supply quality indoor plants supplying Canadian and USA wholesalers and Mass Market Retailers.
Current office and warehouse space will be consolidated in Beamsville resulting in some layoffs. "Unfortunately business decisions like this are hardest because they impact the personal lives of our people", said PJ Vermeer, Chair of the Board of the Westbrook Group.
Westbrook Systems, also located in Beamsville, Ontario whose core business is in greenhouse manufacturing, is experiencing strong growth and expansion and is not affected by the changes.
The Westbrook Group of Companies include 4 operating divisions. They are Westbrook Floral, Sierra Flower Trading/Savoir Fleur, Westbrook Greenhouses, and Westbrook Greenhouse Systems.
For more information:
P.O. Box 99
Grimsby, ON Canada L3M 4G1
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Horticoop welcomes new co-workers from Codema irrigatie & elektrotechniek
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-27 Strong support for Dr. Graham Stirling’s nematode masterclass
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"
- 2022-06-27 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
- 2022-06-27 Genetia BioSciences receives Swiss delegation on stimulation Czech-Swiss cooperation
- 2022-06-27 aspara by Growgreen celebrates summer and fourth of July with indoor gardening promotion
- 2022-06-27 From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- 2022-06-24 Floréac awarded the Trophée d’Or 2022 by JardinPlus for the third time in a row
- 2022-06-24 Re-Nuble partners with circular materials company to create growing media