Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Global Gap expands consumer portal with flower, ornamental plants
Sustainability is in vogue: And in order to meet the growing demand by consumers, GLOBALG.A.P. is expanding the online portal GGN.ORG to include the area of flower and ornamental plants. At ggn.org consumers can easily find the origin of purchased plants by using the GLOBALG.A.P. Number (GGN). They can also find out more about the producers and their certified working methods. Furthermore, the consumer portal provides relevant information on the sustainable cultivation of flower and ornamental plants as well as the GLOBALG.A.P. Standard.
More transparency for better purchase decisions
“Our goal is to create greater awareness for the sustainable cultivation of flower and ornamental plants,” says Kristian Moeller, CEO of GLOBALG.A.P. “That is why we need to inform consumers to help them make uncomplicated, sustainable purchasing decisions.” The new GGN label for flower and ornamental plants is the first step in that direction. Thanks to the possibility of simply entering the GGN on the start page, consumers can quickly track the origin of their acquired plant.
The producer cooperative Landgard and the German Federal Association for Ornamental Plants (BVZ), who were involved in the development of the label together with other industry representatives, welcome the move towards more transparency. “The new online portal gives our companies the opportunity to directly show consumers more about their activities regarding sustainably produced ornamental plants,” explains Gabriele Harring, Managing Director of BVZ.
Focus on producers
In addition, the online portal presents certified companies with detailed information. “Certified producers have the opportunity to present their sustainable work methods in a profile” says Kristian Moeller. “Retailers offering products with GGN label can strengthen customer loyalty beyond the store counter and also attract new customers.” Thomas Schlich, Managing Director of Landgard, is also thrilled: “This is the ideal platform for our companies to present themselves and their sustainable way of working.” Interesting and entertaining gardening tips and trends round off the new offer.
For more information
GLOBALG.A.P. c/o FoodPLUS GmbH
T: +49 (0) 221-57993-997
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports
- 2023-05-24 From You Flowers and FTD announce merger
- 2023-05-24 Photo Report: Greenhouse Management Training Day, China:“ Knowledge, Awareness, Sharing“
- 2023-05-24 Marginpar and VBW launch collaboration
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Murara Plants wins renewable Energy Award during EMA 2023
- 2023-05-23 Sollum Technologies appoints Michael Hanan for the US market
- 2023-05-23 Kenya Flower Council inks MoU with Safal Group
- 2023-05-23 Iowa State University Supplier of the Year Award for horticultural suppliers
- 2023-05-22 NL: SO Natural's orchid greenhouse on sale
- 2023-05-19 gems group and World Class Flowers become one
- 2023-05-19 CAN: Sheridan Nurseries celebrates 110 years