- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Flexible seed scanner goes to market in series: Make your own judgement on seed quality
- "The newest VYPR LED technology delivers a new level of flexibility and control"
- Solution for connecting heating pipes without welding
- AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
Novelties at Plantarium 2017
Abelia grandiflora 'Opstal103' (Magic Daydream)
Abelia grandiflora 'Opstal103' (Magic Daydream) is compact and bushy and blooms abundantly with large flowers. The flowers are fragrant and change from white to pink depending on the season. The plant has shiny and colourful foliage. Magic Daydream is a compact plant that can grow to 60 cm high and 90 cm wide. The plant is perfect for terrace or balcony, in groups, in a shrub border or in a mixed container. This Abelia is protected under plant breeding legislation and was bred and submitted by Boomkwekwerij R. van Opstal BV from Zundert, which also markets it. Management is by Planttip BV from IJsselstein.
Calluna vulgaris 'Cologne' (Skyline)
Calluna vulgaris 'Cologne' (Skyline) is protected under plant breeding legislation and was submitted by Eden's Creations from Wezep. Europlant Canders from Straelen (Germany) markets the plant. Calluna vulgaris 'Cologne' is part of the new Skyline series that includes cultivars that do not flower but that distinguish themselves through their elegant plant structure. 'Cologne' is characterised by its elegant, silvery spadices. The colour of the foliage in combination with the characteristic structure resembles the famous Cologne cathedral. A beautiful addition to the Skyline series!
Calluna vulgaris 'Seastar' (Seastar Series) and Calluna vulgaris 'Sela' (Beauty Ladies)
Eden’s Creations from Wezep is submitting the first cultivar from the new Seastar Series for the novelty showcase. In addition, a new cultivar from the Calluna Beauty Ladies will also be submitted as a novelty for the showcase. Eden's Creations is also the breeder of these cultivars, which are protected under plant breeding legislation. Europlant Canders from Straelen (Germany) markets these varieties.
Calluna vulgaris 'Seastar' (Seastar Series) is an extraordinary novelty. 'Seastar' has brightly coloured foliage that turns from pale orange to striking red in autumn. 'Seastar' derives its name from its unusual shape, which makes this Calluna actually look like a starfish.
Calluna vulgaris 'Sela' (Beauty Ladies) is an early flowering bud bloomer with red flowers and extremely dense buds. 'Sela' grows upright and is very durable.
Chamaecyparis thyoides 'Spitsbergen' (Woody World)
Chamaecyparis thyoides 'Spitsbergen' (Woody World) is a mutation originating from the existing variety Chamaecyparis thyoides 'Gizeh' (Excellent Point). Spitsbergen distinguishes itself through the remarkable gold-yellow foliage and has an even more compact pyramid shape than the Excellent Point, which was introduced in 2005. 'Spitsbergen' is part of the WOODY WORLD collection that includes new conifers within the product renewal of Eden's Creations from Wezep. 'Spitsbergen' is protected under plant breeding legislation. Kwekerij Hoekert from Wezep markets this novelty. Eden's Creations has submitted the plant for the novelty showcase.
Chlorophytum saundersiae 'Starlight'
Chlorophytum saundersiae 'Starlight' is variegated and has sterile, lily-shaped flowers that are white with a yellow stripe. 'Starlight' flowers continually from early summer to winter and can withstand high temperatures. The plant prefers a spot in full sun and/or partial shade, in moist, fertile and well-drained soil. This Chlorophytum can grow to 100 cm high and 40 cm wide. 'Starlight' looks beautiful in a container on the balcony, patio or terrace but is also very suitable for perennial borders or mixed containers. Kientzler Jungpflanzen from Gensingen (Germany) submitted the plant and Hoogeveen Plants BV from Hazerswoude markets 'Starlight', which is protected under plant breeding legislation. Ian Lief from Durban, Outer West (South Africa) is the breeder. Management is by Planttip BV from IJsselstein.
Delosperma '18-512' (Jewel of Desert Sunstone) and Delosperma '18-162' (Jewel of Desert Candystone)
Gebr. Th. & W. Alkemade BV from Lisse submits two Delosperma from the Jewel of Desert series for the novelty showcase. The Jewel of Desert Delosperma is a new generation Delosperma that has an extremely long flowering period that lasts from spring until the first frost. The series includes various colours. The plants grow to 15 cm high and 30 cm wide, love the sun and are extremely drought-resistant.
Delosperma '18-512' (Jewel of Desert Sunstone) has bright orange flowers with a purple heart.
Delosperma '18-162' (Jewel of Desert Candystone) has bright pink flowers.
Both cultivars are protected under plant breeding legislation. The breeder is Florisaika from Quito (Ecuador). Gebr. Th. & W. Alkemade markets the plants. Management is by Planttip BV from IJsselstein.
Gaura lindheimeri 'Graceful Pink' (Graceful)
Gaura lindheimeri 'Graceful Pink' (Graceful) has bright pink flowers that contrast beautifully with the dark green foliage. The plant flowers all summer until the first frost. Gaura lindheimeri 'Graceful Pink' (Graceful) can be grown in a greenhouse or in the open air. This new Gaura was bred by Dümmen Orange from Aalsmeer, which also markets the plant and submitted it for the showcase.
Leucanthemum maimum 'Christine' (Sweet Daisy)
Leucanthemum maximum 'Christine' (Sweet Daisy) is a garden Marguerite with classical looks and improved characteristics. The large white flowers with a yellow centre appear in June in dense profusion. The plant has a natural, compact growth and abundant branches, making it an ideal plant for the new Sweet Daisy Breeding series from Dümmen Orange from Aalsmeer, which is the breeder of this plant. The plant was submitted by Dümmen Orange, which also markets it.
Phlox paniculata 'Pink Candy' (Early)
Phlox paniculata 'Pink Candy' (Early) is a great addition to the compact and early flowering Phlox paniculata series introduced last year. The individual pink flowers with delicate white stripes appear in dense clusters. This provides fresh colour in the garden from the beginning of June. The plant is compact and flowers for approximately 11 weeks with a brief second flowering. The new, low-growing Phlox Early varieties love sunny spots and are perfect for planting in containers and borders. ‘Pink Candy’ was bred by Dümmen Orange from Aalsmeer, which also markets the plant and submitted it for the novelty showcase.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-08 "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- 2023-06-02 Meet Sira: White Santini with a bright green centre
- 2023-05-24 “New ways of utilising herbs in the garden”
- 2023-05-23 UK: Agapanthus 'Black Jack' Plant of the Year at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-19 "It adds a unique tropical flair to the garden or landscape"
- 2023-05-04 "Bi-colored Supertunias have been increasingly popular with North American gardeners"
- 2023-04-28 Stage 3 tissue culture, "Easier than you think"
- 2023-03-22 "Perfect for producers looking for something special"
- 2023-03-17 "May the White Force bloom with you"
- 2022-12-16 "This multi-tasking new Bergenia is a star"
- 2022-12-06 "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- 2022-11-21 Snapdragon “DoubleShot Orange Bicolor F1” wins ASS Award
- 2022-10-03 Major instruction project Alaska botanical garden
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"