- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- Nanobubble tech improves root health and vitality of Gerbera Daisies
- Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Newey Roundstone steps into the Ellepot system
For more than thirty years they have grown, invested, innovated and distributed the highest quality plants to retailers and professional growers. Located in West Sussex the production facilities also benefit from the natural light levels specific to this area.
Close to 45 acres of commercial horticultural production sites have high technology specialist handling facilities and the company is constantly investing and innovating to make their operation one of the most advanced in the industry.
Currently they produce over 190 million young plants for distribution to growers and approximately 82 million retail ready plants.
Maximising full potential
When Newey took over Roundstone Nurseries back in 2015 they were very clear that their objective was to maximise the full potential of the business this including a significant investment strategy.
With a dedicated and experienced team of 50 full time staff members based at the head office and nursery sites this number increases to about 300 in the peak of the season.
The commitment to quality, operational excellence and customer service is evident throughout the company as they undertake a programme of capital investment to meet the aspirations of the business. A part of this investment plan was the change over to the propagation system Ellepot.
At Newey, before investing in the Ellepot system, production relied heavily on buying in glue plugs for propagation. However, with Ellepot, production costs have been lowered significantly due to better and smarter handling & logistics. With the new fully automatic Ellepot machinery, Newey now has production on site, meaning full control of all steps of the propagation. This has helped ensuring higher flexibility and reliability, without any compromise on capacity or quality of the finished plant.
Flexibility is a key word for the Ellepot machinery, and Newey Roundstone’s new Ellepot machine is no exception. Various features and options follow this fully automatic machine. Newey can now use different types and mixes of substrate for production of specific plant breeds, as well as fill trays in different filling patterns in order to space certain plant varieties already from the start of the propagation – this saving time and money in the later processes. With the capability of processing more than 20,000 plugs per hour the machinery will vastly improve the through put of plug to rooting.
The quality of the plug produced by the Ellepot machine is another key factor in the installation of this equipment, it produces a uniform high-quality plug with optimum porosity providing the perfect growing media for the products Newey Roundstone produces.
A one stop supplier to create a complete solution
The Danish company Ellepot is a one stop supplier of its Ellepot System, which comprises Ellepot machinery and service, special developed propagation papers & membranes, and unique propagation trays.
To further maximise the air porosity in the propagated Ellepot, Newey decided to opt for one of the new Ellepot ACT trays. These “Air Circulation trays” are specially designed for the Ellepot, allowing the maximum air circulation around the Ellepot, stimulating secondary roots in the plant, enabling the plants to grow faster, healthier, and more uniform. The new ACT tray has in combination with the Ellepot paper produced very good rooting results for Newey Roundstone.
“From our many trials, we are delighted to say that we experience a faster and better rooting. On top of this, we have been able to optimize our production.
Finally, the Ellepot system is an environmental friendly and sustainable propagation system, which meets the stringent demands that Newey Roundstone places on environmental sustainability and care.
“We are delighted with the installation of the machinery, it has been a seamless integration into our production operations and is already proving its worth. We are delighted to be able to offer this product to our customers“, says Alex Newey, Managing Director of Newey Roundstone.
For more information:
Denmark - 6715 Esbjerg N
Tel.: +45 7614 7676
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-17 45 Havatec Twisters already put to work
- 2022-06-15 "Cleaning machine reduces need for expensive algae control chemicals"
- 2022-06-07 Refurbished bucket, tray and crate washers: the budget-friendly, sustainable alternative
- 2022-05-26 Bangladesh: NBR raises duty on fruits, flowers imports
- 2022-05-18 New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- 2022-05-03 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 The new Mayer potting machines TM 2432E and TM 2432D
- 2022-03-24 Mayer's new powder coating line
- 2022-03-04 Mayer presents: the new potting machine TM 2432D
- 2022-02-23 Fast and efficient strapping of flower boxes with strapping machines
- 2022-02-15 Farm labor shortage continues - despite surge of working holiday visa applications
- 2022-01-04 NL: On the way to fully automated bouquet processing
- 2021-12-06 NL: Installing a conveyor belt system to increase efficiency
- 2021-11-25 Robot helps researchers to measure plant growth
- 2021-11-23 SIPCO Innovations increases production capacity by 5 times
- 2021-11-22 “Automated selection of cut hydrangeas takes away grower’s challenges”
- 2021-11-19 No more emissions in the greenhouse thanks to electric crop rotation
- 2021-11-19 Robots on the march
- 2021-11-18 New irrigation unit to be released on GrowTech Antalya
- 2021-11-15 When will we see fleets of robots working in the fields?