- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
MPS introduces new uniform vignette
CEO MPS Yolande van den Boom introduces the new MPS vignette
Initiative and responsibility
Sustainability and transparency are important concepts in the flowers and ornamentals industry. As a leading player in sustainability certification, MPS has taken its responsibility by unifying the large number of MPS-vignettes and logos that are currently used by growers to show how sustainable their products are. In the past, MPS introduced various vignettes, but starting 23 August 2017, all MPS-ABC, MPS-GAP, MPS-SQ and MPS-Q(ualitree)-certified growers and growers who meet the requirements for MPS-ProductProof can use the uniform MPS vignette with a unique MPS number that provides consumers with insight into the grower’s sustainability certification.
One uniform MPS-vignette has replaced the many MPS vignettes and logos currently used in the flowers and ornamentals industry. Combined with the interactive platform, the new MPS-vignette contributes to creating more uniform product processing and labelling by MPS certified companies, as well as providing transparency to consumers. In addition, these two measures allow growers to show their consumers how sustainably their products are grown. The old logos may be used until the end of 2018. As of the 1st of January 2019 the old logos cannot be used anymore on products such as packing materials, plugs, etc. For more durable goods, such as trucks, the logos are still allowed the coming three years. After three years they have to be replaced.
Sustainable flowers and ornamentals sector
Sustainability is a status in which we live and produce, answering the needs of today, without putting at risk the ability of future generations to live and produce. Sustainability is a key theme in the green sector, to which the flowers and ornamentals industry belongs, and this sector in particular should be able to create more natural value than it consumes. Consumers are interested in sustainability and want to have quick and easy access to information regarding sustainability. With the uniform MPS-vignette and the interactive platform, MPS is making a substantial improvement to the accessibility of this information.
The flowers and ornamentals industry is an international sector and MPS is active in 46 countries. MPS tables and certificates are used by more than 3000 growers on 4300 production locations worldwide, which is why an English version of the uniform vignette is also available. An English version of the interactive platform will also be launched shortly. The international hyperlink is: www.followyourflowerorplant.com. The new uniform MPS vignette is available on the current website www.my-mps.com, for growers who meet all requirements. The website is available in three languages; Dutch, English and German.
For more information
+31 174 615715
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Two Utah farms produce kitchen staples with less water
- 2022-06-28 Effects of antibiotics on waterhyacint's performance and physiology
- 2022-06-24 New setup of Novelty Contest at Plantarium|Groen-Direkt
- 2022-06-20 Perham High School greenhouse is back on-site and in full bloom
- 2022-06-14 Greenhouse sensors for improved climate control
- 2022-06-13 New insect netting system expands ventilation capacity
- 2022-06-13 "Growers can save up to 45% in energy compared with previous models"
- 2022-06-10 Improving the growing with LED
- 2022-06-08 Identification of new stock Matthiola incana
- 2022-06-08 Floriculture helps Indian farms increase income
- 2022-06-08 Grow tent kits with LED lighting help us grow flowers and food at home
- 2022-06-06 India: Retired banker has 1,000 plants of 400 varieties in his house
- 2022-06-03 Development and characterization of 20 genomic SSR markers of Weigela
- 2022-06-03 Automated drones could scare birds off fields
- 2022-06-02 "We have a clear mission: lighting the way to a better tomorrow"
- 2022-06-02 Longtime Long Island orchid grower receives coveted conditional cannabis license
- 2022-06-02 Analysis on the biological basis of stamen abortion during the second flowering of Magnolia × soulangeana ‘Changchun’
- 2022-06-01 The biochemical base of flower color in Bidens ferulifolia
- 2022-06-01 India: protected cultivation of Lilium cut flower in the non traditional regions
- 2022-06-01 India: Chakkittappara farmers to take up medicinal plant cultivation on about 608,000 sq meters