- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Australian Flower Festival coming to Brisbane in September
Departing from more traditional industry conference formats, the organisers of the Flower Festival have instead planned a fresh ‘music festival’ atmosphere to capture the fun of floristry whilst also providing essential information to help attendees manage and grow their businesses.
“This event is the first of its kind and we can tell from the level of interest we’ve received that it’s something the Australia floristry sector has been crying out for”, said organiser Shane Holborn, Executive Officer of the Flower Association. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for florists to connect with each other, as well as with the growers and allied traders on whose products and services they depend every day“.
The South Bank campus of TAFE Queensland features indoor and outdoor spaces that are ideal to host a range of activities for the Festival. The Business and Tech Stages will be open only to registered industry members and will feature presentations on issues affecting Australian florists’ livelihoods and futures, including business management and new business technologies. Speakers will include celebrated florists, business entrepreneurs and industry stalwarts, all delivering information and advice specifically targeted for a floristry-focused audience. The Inspiration and Competition Stages will feature live-action flower arranging and will be open to the public as a promotional initiative for the industry.
The Flower Festival is also a trade fair for companies to display their goods and services to the industry, including the latest from the floral sundries suppliers, flower fridges, wholesalers, freight and courier companies, insurance brokers, magazines and business financing options. A display by TAFE Queensland will provide information to budding florists about training options and to those in the industry looking to expand their qualifications.
Street food vans and local coffee shops will be on hand for visitors to purchase refreshments throughout the day. The event will wrap up with a catered cocktail After Party in the on-site restaurant and bar, with presentations to competition winners followed by an evening of dancing and music.
Registrations, the program and competition details are available at https://store.flowersqueensland.asn.au/event/flowerfest/.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-08 IFTEX celebrates 10th edition with a party
- 2023-06-08 Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
- 2023-06-08 Anthura's annual customer day dominated by energy transition in the floriculture sector
- 2023-06-07 33rd edition of trade fair GrootGroenPlus with many pluses
- 2023-06-07 Jamaica Horticultural Society's Flower Show 2023 showcased a growing-strong industry
- 2023-06-07 India: Workshop on orchids cultivation in non-traditional areas and intensification in traditional areas
- 2023-06-07 Dümmen Orange presents retail solutions at the Chiba Pack trials in Japan
- 2023-06-07 Papua New Guinea: Goroka to host first ever flower show
- 2023-06-07 Registration open for HTA's National Plant Show 2023
- 2023-06-07 UK: RHS Flower Show visitors set for immersive treat at Tatton Park
- 2023-06-07 Lily Company to showcase full range during Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-06-07 Growing media for ornamental crops
- 2023-06-06 Largest IFTEX to date kicks off in Nairobi
- 2023-06-06 Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- 2023-06-06 NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- 2023-06-05 US (FL): Impressions from Floriexpo
- 2023-06-05 Sunflower sea at anniversary celebration Van Gogh Museum with royal touch
- 2023-06-05 UK: Petersfield greenhouse company Alitex wins RHS Chelsea Flower Show award
- 2023-06-02 UK: ‘Heroines of Horticulture’ lauded at Chelsea show
- 2023-06-02 UK: Exbury Gardens to display RHS Chelsea Flower Show award-winning garden