Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
November 22, Nairobi
Kenya: New date announced for Flower Logistics Africa
While FLA returns to the Kenyan capital city for its second edition, PLA makes its debut this year as a separate logistics conference, taking place at the same venue, for Africa’s perishable exporters.
With “Enhancing Africa’s flower power through better logistics” as the core theme for FLA 2017 and “Perishables: Creating Africa’s Future Logistics Grid” as the theme for the PLA 2017; the events have already garnered support from global organizations as key sponsors of the event.
Saudia Cargo, a global carrier in the air freight industry and a leading carrier of cut flowers from African markets is the Platinum Sponsor of the events. With an extensive global network spanning four continents and 225 international destinations, Saudia Cargo operates a dedicated freighter fleet and offer ample belly capacity on its passenger flights across Asia, Africa, Europe and the USA.
Supporting the two events as the Diamond Sponsor is Holland Flower Alliance, a strategic alliance of Royal FloraHolland, KLM Cargo and Schiphol Airport – three important stakeholders in the global air cargo supply chain of flowers. These three strategic parties with over 300 years of combined experience in flower logistics are joining forces to make the Aalsmeer-Schiphol region the preferred flower hub of Europe.
The cargo division of Kenya’s national carrier Kenya Airways is the Gold Sponsor. Kenya Airways Cargo, the pride of Africa, has significant stake in uplifting perishable commodities produced in Kenya and has been a contributor to the sustainable development of Africa.
Africa’s only all-cargo carrier Astral Aviation is the Silver Sponsor along with its partner Network Aviation Group.
FLA 2017 has received industry support from Kenya Flower Council (KFC), Cool Chain Association (CCA), Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS), Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association (EHPEA), Union Fleurs – the international flower trade association, The International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH). Kenya International Freight and Warehousing Association (KIFWA) and WCA Perishables.
The inaugural edition of PLA is supported by industry associations like CCA, KEPHIS, EHPEA, AIPH, KIFWA and WCA Perishables.
The two conferences are aimed to open dialogue and facilitate sharing of ideas, knowledge and practical solutions to improve logistics and supply chain performance of key perishable commodities exported from African countries. The two-day event, covering both flower and other cargo commodities like fruits, vegetable and meat, seeks to develop modern and cost efficient logistics and supply chain infrastructure within the African continent. FLA and PLA will bring under one roof global and regional providers of cold chain logistics, transport services and infrastructure, and will meet with Africa’s flower and perishable producers and shippers. The platform also provides participants to identify new opportunities that will allow African exporters to compete in global markets.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention