- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NL: Certhon builds own Innovation Centre
Certhon started the build for their Innovation Centre last month to further develop the PlantyFood growing method. PlantyFood is a growing method, developed by Certhon, to grow vegetables, fruits and floriculture without daylight.
Demand for safe and healthy food, which is sustainable and locally produced, is increasing worldwide. This creates a higher demand for indoor growing solutions on a large scale. However, growing in a growth cell requires other cultivation methods than growing in a traditional greenhouse. As biggest change, compared to traditional growing methods, the outside climate will not be leading to your growing method but indoor climate will be defined by the available techniques.
Tests will be conducted on a total surface of 240m2, which will be used as best practice for growing without daylight on a large scale.
“We are not a research Institute”, says John van der Sande, Head of R&D at Certhon. “With the knowledge we gain in our own research institute, we can help our clients the first one or two years to achieve a maximum result. Next to the tools to create the optimal environment, we also offer specific agronomical knowledge.”
Multiple research projects start at the end of 2017 with various crops selected by Certhon. The tests will be conducted in different climates, humidity and light recipes or it can serve as a test case for lighting, sensors, software and other hardware.
For more information:
ABC Westland 555
2685 DG Poeldijk
T: 0174 225080
F: 0174 225081
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022