- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Ecuador: Protests end after agreement, long-term consequences for economy
- Improvement of water quality is stagnating, what's the problem?
- Dümmen Orange shows full support for Flower Inspiration Days in Malaysia
- Colombian floriculture was awarded 2 gold medals at the AIPH 2022 International Grower of the Year Awards
- This New Zealand family has been breeding great roses since 1947
Top 5 -last week
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
Top 5 -last month
AFE announces new officers and appointments
Jim Daly of Floralife/Smithers-Oasis in Walterboro, S.C. has been named Chairman-Elect and Laura Shinall of Syndicate Sales, Inc. in Kokomo, Ind. was appointed Treasurer/Secretary-Elect. Both will assume their new positions as Chairman and Treasurer/Secretary, respectively, next September during the 2018 AFE Annual Fundraising Dinner.
Greg Royer of Royer's Flowers & Gifts in Lebanon, Pa. has been appointed AFE's Education Committee Chair, and also joins the Executive Committee. The remaining Executive Committee members include past Chairman Gabriel Becerra of Golden Flowers and Kristi Huffman of Multi Packaging Solutions.
In addition, Randy Tagawa of Tagawa Greenhouses in Brighton, Colo. is the new Vic & Margaret Ball Internship Committee Chair.
The full list of current AFE Trustees is available at endowment.org.
Jim Daly is Vice President of Floralife/Smithers-Oasis. He has a BS in Chemistry and Mathematics from Elmhurst College, an MS in Biochemistry from Illinois Institute of Technology, and an MBA from the New York Institute of Technology. Daly joined the AFE Board in 2012 and currently serves as Chairman of the Production and Post-Harvest Scientific Research Committee. Throughout his career, he has shared his expertise with top floriculture organizations around the world on topics ranging from postharvest care and handling to global trends in floriculture.
Laura Shinall, President of Syndicate Sales, Inc., has more than 30 years of experience in the industry. A graduate of DePauw University, she began her career as a Wholesale Floral Supply Manager at Kennicott Brothers in Milwaukee, Wis. Shinall joined the AFE Board in 2011, and also serves on the SAF Board of Directors. She is currently Chairperson of the AFE Public Relations/Development Committee and serves on the Education Committee.
Greg Royer is President and CEO of Royer's Flowers & Gifts and grew up in the floral industry. He is the grandson of Hannah "Mom" Royer, the founder of the family-owned business. By 1987, he was a Regional Manager responsible for nine stores, and in the early 1990s, he was named Executive Vice President. In the mid-1990s, he and his brother Tom bought the company from their parents. Royer previously served on the Board and as President of the Pennsylvania Floral Industry Association. He joined the AFE Board in 2015. He serves as Education Committee Chairman and also serves on the Public Relations/Development Committee.
Randy Tagawa is CEO at Tagawa Greenhouses. He is a graduate of Colorado State University with a degree in horticulture/business. He joined the Denver Botanical Gardens' Board of Trustees in 2012. He also became Vice Chairman of Hortica Insurance & Employee Benefits in 2011 and is now an advisory board member. Tagawa is co-inventor for three patents regarding plug transplanting equipment and processes. He has a patent pending on a new growing and shipping system for seedlings and other young plants and also on a vertical wall display unit for plants. He joined the AFE Board in 2013, and in addition to serving as Ball Internship Committee Chairman, he serves on the Production and Post-Harvest Scientific Research Committee.
For more information
American Floral Endowment
T: +1 (703) 838-5211
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-04 Looking back at Expo Flor Ecuador 2018 and forward to the 2022 edition
- 2022-07-04 The Foliascreen – "A brand new green wall partition and privacy screen"
- 2022-07-04 US: Expanding uses of edible flowers help fuel strong demand
- 2022-07-04 Brandt completes takeover of Wickham Flower
- 2022-07-04 Jan Doldersum celebrates 25 years at Rijk Zwaan
- 2022-07-04 Modiform 2022-2023 catalog: presentation and products
- 2022-07-04 Dümmen Orange shows full support for Flower Inspiration Days in Malaysia
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break