- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Gerhard van der Bijl wins Digital Transformers Award 2017
This annual award is presented to a talented person who has played a special, meaningful role in the digital transformation of companies. Along with Gerhard, the digitally talented staff of PostNL, KPN, ABN Amro, NOS and NRC Media were nominated.
Honour and recognition
The nomination is not only an honour for Gerhard, it is also a recognition of the digital transformation of Royal FloraHolland. It shows that the scope of this process has been acknowledged in the Netherlands. According to the jury, Gerhard's natural leadership skills have brought a complex and conservative industry into action. It's not just Royal FloraHolland but the entire sector that has transformed as well. It was an enormous challenge that he completed with conviction and flair. He is a natural leader and maker of connections, who knows how to persuade people and make them enthusiastic.
Lucas Vos, CEO Royal FloraHolland, said, "Within one year, Gerhard has accelerated the digital development at Royal FloraHolland, and dare I say in the entire horticultural chain. He not only produced a very strong vision and convinced everyone to go along, he also formed the right team to implement the vision very decisively. This means, for example, that next month we are launching the first version of the largest, global, digital trade platform of the horticultural sector, Floriday."
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-21 Why more growers are choosing polycarbonate panels
- 2022-06-17 Grow lights for herbs: which option to choose
- 2022-06-17 How agritech startup Ecozen helps farmers grow with its solar products
- 2022-06-15 Caterpillar control with insect filter system at Florein Gerbera's
- 2022-05-27 Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- 2022-05-26 Experimental study reveals impact of light spectrum on plant growth
- 2022-05-23 “Recycling of nutrient solutions leads to important savings”
- 2022-05-23 24/7 virtual scouts equipped with computer vision to identify pathogens and pests
- 2022-05-20 Coating with a helicopter
- 2022-05-19 Water treatment with nanobubbles leads to decreased losses in gerbera cultivation
- 2022-05-17 OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- 2022-05-05 Improving growers' understanding of their irrigation water
- 2022-05-04 Ultrafiltration for closed cultivation, but what is ultrafiltration anyway?
- 2022-04-29 "I am convinced we all have to go in this direction in horticulture”
- 2022-04-27 "We use less heating compared to the HPS side of the greenhouse"
- 2022-04-26 "Investment in autonomous drones contributes to the digitization of greenhouses"
- 2022-04-21 SunPlus horticulture portfolio grows with the addition of deep-red
- 2022-04-21 "Chinese horticulture much more than production only"
- 2022-04-19 NL: Upgraded aerial work platform can get to work again
- 2022-04-15 Floricultural wholesalers choose to rent electric tow tractors from Steenks Service